chapter 31

chapter 31

ANDREI'S POV

It was almost 3 in the afternoon when I got home from the supermarket.

And in the few hours of being separated from my wife, I already miss her.

So, with the plastic bags in my hands, I excitedly opened the door of the apartment, only to be heartbroken upon seeing my wife crying.

I dropped everything in my hands and run towards her.

"Sydney!" I called out as I hugged her.

She immediately wrapped her arms around me.

"What's wrong? May nangyari ba sa'yo?" I asked, worried that she might be hurt.

She shook her head but she won't stop crying.

"E bakit ka umiiyak? Sige na Babe, sabihin mo sa kin para alam ko ang gagawin." I said, concern is still evident in my voice. 

She breath deeply for a few seconds before saying, "Paggising ko kasi wala ka. You said earlier that you won't disappear from me pero wala ka naman kanina. So I thought nananaginip lang ako na dumating ka talaga."

I chuckled.

"Silly" I teased but deep inside, no word is enough to describe the happiness I feel.

I hugged her more tightly. And I had no plan of letting her out of my embrace if not for the person silently watching us few feet afar.  

Napansin siguro niya ako na nakatingin sa kanya kaya siya nagsalita.

"Uhm, sorry. I just dropped by para ibigay kay Sydney yung mga lecture na namiss niya today." The guy said.  

Humiwalay rin si Sydney sa yakap ko and looked at the guy.

"I forgot." Sydney said while motioning the guy. "Babe, this is Samuel, my friend."  

"Hi," I said, extending my hand for a hand shake, "Andrei, pare"  

"Samuel." he said and acceepted my hand. "Like she said, I'm a friend." There was bitterness in his voice when he said that. He looked at my arm which was wrapped around my wife's waist.  

I don't know how to reply on what he had said and I am aware that confusion is written all over my face.  

Sydney must have realized my discomfort kaya siya na ang nagsalita.   "A-Ah, Sam, thanks for your concern. Hindi ka na dapat nag-abala." she said  

"It's fine. No worries." he said and looked from my arm to my wife's face.   

His expression immediately softened when he looked at her. And at that moment I became aware of his feelings for my woman.  

Unconsciously, I pulled Sydney closer to me.  

She must have noticed it because she put a hand over my hand which was on her waist.   

And Samuel must have noticed it too because he threw looks of dagger on our joined hands.  

And then out of the blue. he asked, "Is that him?"  

My wife nodded.   

Hindi ko man alam kung anong pinag-uusapan nila, still I think I understand what they meant.  

The expression on Samuel's face was unbearable. Parang gusto niyang maiyak.  

"Sam, I'm sorry." Sydney said  

"It's not your fault. I should have listened to you when you told me I don't stand a chance on you." Samuel said, then he looked at me, "Pare, sige una na ako."  

"I'm sorry." I said  

Samuel just nodded his head before going out.  

I turned to Sydney and hugged her much tigther.  

"Siguro kung hindi pa kita nakikita, I would lose you to him. He seems to be a good guy." I said  

"He really is a good guy. Mabait tsaka sobrang caring." she said.  

At mahirap mang aminin, I felt jealous.  

"Buti na lang pala talaga hindi ako nalate." I said  

""You will never be late. Kahit abutin ka pa ng isang taon sa paghahanap sa'kin, you will not lose me." she said.  

And her words assured me.