Taken Home

Chapter 13

I woke to an uneasy silence and immediately went on the alert. Even though palace life had somewhat tamed me it didn't completely kill my instincts. I knew something was up. I stuck my head through the opening of my old tent and looking out. Everyone stood at a distance staring out into the horizon. I walked over to them and followed their gaze. My heart skipped a beat when I saw a chariot speeding towards us but I breath a sigh of relief after spotting the royal seal of our kingdom.

"It's Rolan." I said with a smile now in place.

"Are you sure?" Chloe asked without looking at me. I didn't blame her for asking; she still had the rest of them to protect.

"Yes, that's his seal." I had never been happier to see it than today.

Within minutes it pulled up infront of us and the door swung open before the coachman could even go around to open it. Rolan came out with a smile of relief. He pulled me into his arms. "I knew I would find you here." I smiled as I clung to him.

"I don't want to go with them . . . don't make me go . . ."

"I don't plan to let them have you."

"Wait, what's going on?" Tony asked.

I turned to Tony. "The King and Queen of some other kingdom showed up saying that I was their daughter that went missing long ago and now they want me going back with them."

"Wait so you mean that you're really royalty then." Emma said, sounding excited. I suppose it would have been exciting but I couldn't see it that way because they wanted to take me from Rolan. I didn't want to leave his side. Slowly he had become my everything. 

"Hey . . .what's that . . .?" One of the younger members of the group asked, pointing out into the distance. There was a large cloud of smoke moving towards us rapidly. I felt Rolan's grip around me tightened and his own body stiffened. As it got closer my fear was realized. It was that King and Queen. Why couldn't they just leave me alone? I didn't want to be apart of their kingdom; I didn't want to be apart of them. If they had been so shaken by my disappearance then why hadn't they tried harder to find me? It wouln't have been a very hard task---I was right on the streets, out in the open, wandering about and running around like I hadn't received any home training whatsoever and being brought up in a such a way that education was futile and unnecessary! I needed love and care back then. Back then I needed to know that somewhere out there someone loved me but now . . .now I didn't need anything like that. I didn't need to know that I belonged to some distant king and queen. I needed to know that I belonged to Rolan. Though now thanks to them we would never be together because the king refused to have anything to do with them! Damn them!

The coach pulled up directly behind Rolan's and both the king and queen walked out. I could see that the Queen was disgusted by the surroundings she found herself in and that put me off of her even more. If they couldn't appreciate the place that had nurtured me when they failed to then they could never expect me to accept them. 

"Prince Rolan, you heard your father, hand over our daughter." The king ordered.

"I have no control over her, she goes where she feels to and stays when she doesn't." Rolananswered nonchalantly with a shrug of his shoulders. The king scowled at him then took me by my arm. I tried shrugging away.

"Let go of her." Chloe said, raising a piece of iron to the kings neck. She always did extreme stuff like that but I never thought that her courage still extended towards me. The king looked shocked and immediately the guards that had accompanied them stepped forward. My own little family stepped forward too, all looking ready for a fight.