The Legacy - Part 17

Seventy

As morning light spills into the room, Adagio lay watching Cisely sleep. He wishes he could see her dreams and longs to be a part of them. How he loves just looking at her! He gently brushes her hair back, not able to resist touching her, and marvels that she never ceases to take his breath away, even when she is sleeping peacefully. Despite all they are going through, their love for each other is continually growing, and his entire being thrives on her happiness.

Adagio is so proud of Cisely for her strength and awed by her determination to continue their family Thanksgiving tradition, even though Phillip is not with them. There is still a great deal of pain every time he thinks of his little boy and his hope for Phillip's return never ceases. But his faith is strong and he knows in his heart their son is all right.

As Cisely slowly awakens, Adagio continues to caress her face, as if she were a priceless treasure. Opening her eyes, she smiles, the deep love in her eyes evident.

"Good morning, my love."

"Good morning," he says with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"About the same."

"I will go and get a croissant and some juice for you, okay?" He sits up, pushing back the blanket.

She nods. "Thank you."

"You are welcome."

"Adagio?" she says, reaching for his hand as he stands. He sits on the edge of the bed. "I love you. Thank you for loving me so much."

Leaning over, he presses a gentle hand to her face. "You don't need to thank me. You are very easy to love. I can't imagine not loving you or having you in my life."

"I can't imagine not loving you either. She stares into his eyes and he sees a multitude of emotions in them. "It seems like we have always been together, like I have always been yours."

"You were meant to be mine," he says, his voice gentle, yet his gaze is intent. "And you will always be mine." Pressing his lips to hers, he kisses her possessively. You will always be mine.  The statement embeds itself deeper into his soul as her mouth continues to soften under his.

 * * * 

I melt under the power his kiss holds. I really am his. I completely belong to him. Everything about his love is perfection.

"I will go get that juice and croissant for you," he whispers against my lips. He draws back a little, meeting my misty eyes with his own tear-filled gaze. "I love you, baby." He kisses me again and heads to the kitchen.

Sliding over to his side of the bed, I contemplate his words. Pressing my face to his pillow, I breathe in his scent. This powerful passion I harbor for him completely fills me, and he holds my heart in the palm of his hand. He is everything to me, a literal part of my soul.

I smile, thinking of the new life growing inside me that is another product of our love. Brushing a tear away, my thoughts linger on Phillip and how happy he would be to know he is going to be a big brother. Pressing a hand to my chest, I sob softly as sadness again overwhelms me. I miss my little boy immensely and it isn't getting any easier.

Adagio returns with a tray for me. Setting it down beside the bed, he slips under the covers, immediately pulling me into his arms.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. "I didn't mean for this to happen this morning."

"Shhh," he soothes, pressing a kiss to my brow. "It is all right. Anytime you need to cry, it is okay." His voice cracks. "And I will be right here."