Chapter 18

*Jason POV*

I walk around the back side of the Cafeteria with a box of art supplies in my hand. Ms. Meade gave me a job to do for her that is to deliver the supplies that were from the front office to her room. I was always willing to help her out. Not only did I like to help, but Mr. Beats was out sick today. Whenever he was gone, no one ended up going to class because there wasn't a reason too. Mr. Beats never cared anyway if we never showed up.

Suddenly, a sound stops me dead in my tracks. At first I would have assumed it was my IPhone's music just going off, but it was like something I have never heard before. The soft and gentle sound of a woman's voice sung beautifully along with a gracefully played guitar. The sound made its way into my ears as I sat the box down and pulled out my IPhone to record the composition.

"I am lost inside this world

I don't know where to turn to

For my answers to the questions

And I'm at a loss of what to do."

I kneel down on the ground, with my head leaning against the Cafeteria's wall. There I was with those words ringing through my ears, as everything else becomes a whispered hum. And all too soon, everything just stops. I end the recording of the breathtaking voice, and pick up my box. Without even thinking I let out a huge upsetting sigh.

If I had the chance too, I would spend my whole life listening to that same voice over and over again. Then a thought hit me. I don't even know who, or what, was making that sound from inside the Cafeteria. But I know for sure, that I will find out.

*Juliet POV*

After writing down a few lyrics to my new art assignment, I pack up my stuff and head out the back door. It wasn't that I was too lazy to walk all the way across the front door. Or maybe it was.

With my backpack swung over my shoulder and my guitar case in hand, I make my way back to my dorm. Since I have no idea where the rest of my class is, and school is almost over, I might as well just go back to my room. The best thing about getting their early before everyone else does after school is that there aren't dozens of hormonal teenage boys bugging me as I get into the elevator. That is one disadvantage of my room, is how annoying the guys could get. Even though I know a lot of them just like to mess with me, it really gets on my nerves.

I walk in to see Mr. A behind the front desk writing something on a notepad that lay beside him. Mr. A was like the supervisor of the guys' dorm. I meet him yesterday afternoon once I got back from the Basement. He and I talked for a little while before I left to go to my room. Most of our conversation was him telling me to watch out for the crazy boys on my floor and all around the building.

I stroll over towards the elevator and he looks up with a smile on his face. He isn't really old; in fact he might be only in his early to mid-twenties if I wasn't mistaken and he was pretty attractive. Though, I had no plans in dating him whatsoever. I return his expression before the elevator door dinged open.

As I entered my room, I kicked off my grey Vans and felt the cold tile underneath my feet. I walk over to the refrigerator and grabbed a Snapple before flopping on the couch to turn on the TV. My guitar case and backpack were just left by the front door because I didn't feel like moving them to my bedroom or the spare room. All I wanted to do today was relax.

Of course, after I flipped through all the channels and finally found something decent to watch, there was a knock on my door. I rolled of the couch, which caused me to spill my Snapple all over my shirt. I honestly didn't care at the moment. I'll just have to change after I answer the door.