Chapter 20 ~ A Blast to the Past (Part Two)

It was nightfall once we were deep in the forest. We ran for what felt like forever. Although, I was used to all the running by now, so I didn't feel like I was gonna puke my guts out. But I was getting hungry and I was tempted to eat one of the dead ferrets in Hermione's hand. But I decided to pass on that. I could survive for a little bit longer.

"Now what?" Harry asked Hermione.

"We save Sirius," she replied.

"How?" I asked.

"No idea," she answered bluntly. She ran somewhere and we followed her, leaving Buckbeak to roam around. We saw the Whomping Willow, acting crazy as usual.

"It's Lupin," Hermione exclaimed.

"There goes Snape, too," I added.

We watched them both go into the tree at different times. Lupin calmed the tree down and went inside, unaware that Snape was following him.

"And now we wait," Harry spoke up.

"And now we wait," Hermione repeated.

We sat down in our spots, looking beyond the trees and the castle. If you just took the time to look at the castle and its surroundings, you could see that it really was breathtaking. It was beautiful to look at. I could just stare at it for hours. Be alone with my own thoughts.

Suddenly, we heard bats coming our way and we ducked down, so they wouldn't get in our hair. Buckbeak was trying to eat them as they went by.

"At least someone's enjoying himself," Hermione said.

Harry chuckled. "Yeah." After a moment went by, Harry spoke up again. "Hermione?"

"Yeah?"

"Before, down by the lake when we were with Sirius, we did see some people. We saw two people down there. And those two people made the Dementors go away. Don't you remember, Max?"

I nodded. "I remember. They made the Dementors go away."

"With a Patronus? I heard Snape telling Dumbledore, according to him, only a really, powerful wizard could have conjured it."

"It was our parents," Harry said. "It was them who conjured the Patronus."

"But, you guys, your parents are--"

"Dead," we both said at the same time.

"We know. We were just telling you what we saw," I told her.

It was quiet for a little bit. Until Hermione said something. "Here we come," she spoke. We stood up and looked at us by the Whomping Willow.

"You see Sirius talking to us there?" Harry asked Hermione.

"Yeah," she answered.

"He's asking us to come and live with him," Harry said.

"That's great," Hermione replied.

"It'll just be me, Max, and him," Harry said as he looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back. "Yeah. I'll be happy for once. We'll live anywhere we want."

"We could live in the country."

"Some place where we could see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban," I added.

Thinking of all those thoughts made me happy. I really wanted to live with him. Just me, Harry, and Sirius. They were the only family that I had left. And I would do anything to be with them. They understood me the most. They loved me no matter what. I knew they would never leave my side.