Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter One

Hey Dudes and Dudettes! Okay, so this is my first story. I've been planning it for quite a while now... I hope you all enjoy it. Dont forget to Vote if you like it and leave me comments xxx

Chapter One

As I stepped out into the cold night, I breathed a long sigh of relief.

Another busy night at Sinners, the bar I work at almost every night, was heaving with young adolescents, hell bent on getting drunk and getting laid. Don't get me wrong, I like to let loose and have a good time... sometimes, but having lads pissed out their heads, coming onto you all night long, while their mates egg them on is... draining.

When I started working at Sinners, I was fresh out of college, didn't know what to do with my life and needed money. I was always up for a party, loved going out with my friends and having fun.

But lately, I just don't know... My life just isn't exciting or rewarding. I wake up and follow the same routine... shower, breakfast, visit my friend Willow at work, go round my brother's house, go home and chill, off to work, then bed... I know right, boring!

Life for me sucks right now!

I started towards the staff parking, behind the bar. Tonight was dark, cold and creepy. The street lamps where flashing on and off, there was a chill in the air that set the hairs on my neck on end and there were no stars, a pure black blanket of nothingness coated the sky. I shivered and walked faster, putting my hands in the pockets of my coat.

I could hear the sounds of laughing and shouting behind me, drunken youths heading off into the night. Someone shouted "Hey baby, want some company?" and laughed. I walked faster still. 'Almost there Elena... Just a bit further and you'll be at your car' I thought to myself.

"Hey, I asked you a question... Want some company?" The man shouted into the night. He sounded closer.

'He doesn't mean you... He's seen a girl on the street... Just keep walking...'

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop. I turned my head to see a man. He looked young, older than me, but not by much, maybe 25? He would have been quite handsome, had it not been for the redness around his blue eyes, or the dampness of his blonde hair. Damp hair? Someone had puked on him, or he'd missed the target. He was swaying from side to side slightly, his long legs keeping him upright... for now.

He looked at me was a flirtatious grin. "Hey baby... I seen you in Sinners didn't I? Yeah, your that pretty thing that works behind the bar... Want to come back to my place?"

"No. Thank you." I really didn't want to deal with this right now. I just wanted to go home and eat my weight in Ben and Jerry's.

"Come on baby... You wont regret it, promise." He tried to lean into me then, trailing his hand down my arm to capture my hand in his.

I pushed him away. "I said no. Now please, leave me alone... I don't want trouble."

He looked taken aback for a moment before stepping toward me again, grabbing both my arms. "Don't be like that baby... I'll treat you good, You might even enjoy yourself." And pulled me closer, our faces separated by no more than an inch. The smell of beer and cigarette's drifted into my face.

I tried to push him away again, but failed. I leaned back, to escape the smell at least. "Please... I said no. Let go of me." I looked into his face, my expression that of refusal.

He didn't like that. Not at all. "You don't tell me no! No one does! You will let me kiss you now and enjoy it!" He took one hand off my arm to roughly grab my head. He pulled my face closer to his once more. His lips met mine roughly. I tried to pull my head back, tried to turn my face away, but he held my head too fiercely.

The taste of his mouth made my stomach churn. I wanted desperately to escape, but he was too strong. He backed me up into a wall, my back hitting the cold brick with such force, a pain exploded in the back of my head and my back. His hand went from my arm to explore my body. My neck, my shoulders, my chest. I squirmed in his grip, tried to separate our faces just long enough to scream. His touch was hard, too rough against my soft skin.

He slipped then. His face came away from mine for a moment. That was all I needed. I screamed as loud as my lungs would permit. "HELP ME SOMEBODY!!! PLEASE HELP M-" My words were cut off as his calloused dirty hand clamped my mouth closed.

"You do that again, you fucking bitch, and you'll regret it! Got it?!" He stared into my eye's, pure undiluted rage lurked there. "GOT IT?!" I whimpered but nodded. "Good." He replied, an evil smile curved his chapped lips.

I began to cry then. Tears gathering in my eyes, running streams down my cheeks. My breath coming in quick gasps. My legs shaking. My heart racing.

He unzipped my jacket and ripped it from my body, throwing it carelessly to the ground. His gaze travelled over my chest and stomach, leaving a dirty used feeling behind them. His hand came up to my chest, grabbing my breasts roughly. He sighed and reached for the bottom of my shirt. I protested and slapped his hands away, trying to step away from him.

He growled in anger, a menacing sound, that had me fearing for my health. He grabbed my shoulders and once again slammed me against the bricks. A cry of pain escaped my mouth, fresh tears slipped from my eyes. "You try that again, just once more, and you WILL NOT see tomorrow! Do you understand me?!" He roared in my face. I cried out again and began shaking my head side to side. "Please? Just let me go. I wont tell anyone, I swear" His answer to that was to strike me across my cheek, a lingering sting of his hand. A loud snap erupted into the still night.

I began to cry harder, fear and dread leaked into my veins, a stream of immense emotion. I knew it then. I was not going to escape this. This wasn't my only punishment. More would follow and I believed it resulted in nothingness. Darkness. Death.

"I WILL DO THIS! YOU WILL NOT STOP ME!" He spat the words in my face, glaring into my eyes for maximum effect. I looked into his eyes, a plea of mercy lingered in my gaze. 'Please don't do this. Please just leave me.' The thoughts repeated through my mind over and over. He laughed coldly, yanking my top over my head, throwing the cloth over his shoulder. My bare upper body shielded only by the thin lace of my bra. The night air chilled my bones, freezing my limbs in place, goosebumps forming all over my skin.

"Oh, I'm gonna enjoy this... Really enjoy this."

© Amy Sagar