Yu-Gi-MON!

Yu-Gi-OH! Was a card game that was made by the Ancient Egyptians. Of course everyone knows that, but this story isn’t set then, it is set in the near future, in the year 2111. That was a time where everyone loved card games, especially Yu-Gi-Oh!. If you didn’t own any Yu-Gi-Oh cards and know how to play, people thought you were crazy. Nearly all of the schools were duel academies as well. So any way, let’s get onto the story........

****

It was dark, so dark in fact that you couldn’t see anything, neither could I, I didn’t know where I was or why, but all I knew was that someone was chasing me because they wanted something of mine, I reached for my neck. Thew, it was still there, the card necklace that Seto Kaiba once had. I don’t know why it was so important to whomever it was who wanted it, but they did any way if they were willing to chase me this long.

 It was pitch black, I didn’t know where to go, and I was trapped. Then a cloaked figure came, I couldn’t make out their features, because the cloak was covering them up, but for some reason there was light coming out of it.

  “Now, you will die, and I will take what is rightfully mine.” The cloaked figure said in a robotic voice, and then it reached out its hand which was holding a knife. It was about to hit me when.........

***

I woke up in my bed. I instantly shoved my hand over to my dressing table next to my bed. Good, it was still there, my card necklace and deck. I’ve had that weird dream for ages now, and I don’t know why. Well, I’d better go to school.

  Later I was fully dressed and walking to school. Oh, how inpolilite of me, I haven’t even told you about me, well allow me to introduce myself:

 So, my name is Daniel Kaiba, but you can call me Dan, everyone else does. The famous Seto Kaiba is one of my ancestors, but I’m nothing like him really, I don’t think money is everything, and speaking of money, I’ve got a shed load of it. I also have Seto’s card necklace and his obelisk the tormentor card, thing is though since the Seto days, the Kaiba family has managed to get all three god cards somehow, and they are all in my deck. I’m thirteen by the way and on my way to my duelling academy school, obviously, it’s owned by Kaiba corp., so what I say goes. My friends are my cousin, Kayleigh Kaiba and another friend called Michael Milne, don’t really know why we’re friends though, but oh well. I am wearing black jeans, a blue t-shirt a white hoodie (the cardigan kind, not the hooded top kind) and my card necklace. So that’s me in a nut-shell.

***

 “Good morning class! Today we have a new student, she’s called Roxan.” It was about half an hour later and I was sitting at the back of my class by my desk, I was the only one by my desk while everyone else except Kayleigh had to share a desk (remember, the school is owned by Kaiba corp. So we get more or less what we want. Anyway my teacher is called Mr. Robert and he was standing at the front of class talking next to him was a girl; presumably she was the one he had called Roxan.

  “Seems how there are no more desks left, you will have to sit next to Dan, he’s the one at the back sitting by himself.” Mr. Robert said to Roxan.

 “Ok.” Roxan replied and walked over to my desk.

“You’re not sittin’ here, I’m Dan Kaiba and I get what I want.” I told her.

“Dan you may not like the fact that she has to sit next to you, but she has to, get over it.” Mr. Robert replied to me.

 “Hey.” Roxan said to me as she sat down, but I noticed something strange, she was holding a bunch of Pokémon cards.

 “Why do you have Pokémon cards, there rubbish, why don’t you have Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards?” I asked her.

 “Pokémon cards are much better you fool.” Roxan told me.

 “Oh, so you burst in here, take my desk and tell a member of the Kaiba family that Pokémon is better than Yu-Gi-Oh! I will duel you now!” I was saying and Mr. Robert heard me.

 “Ok, the best way to learn is to watch, so today we’ll watch Roxan and Dan duel in the Duel arena!” Mr. Robert said to the class.

***