The Unexpected(14)

Jayden kissed my forehead one last time. He had been meaning to leave over fifteen minutes ago, but he didn’t want to go. I went to give him his goodbye hug and instead of letting go of me, he griped tightly on me. He was going with Alejandro for a short business trip. Although it was unexpectedly it bothered me that they would be together.

Ale had begun to work with Jayden’s company a little after we came back from our honeymoon. Jaydon said the company was a family corporation and although Ale wasn’t dating Arianna he was still his niece’s father. I couldn’t argue with him on that one, Ale was somehow part of this family.

“You better go now,” I told him softly pushing him away from me.

Jaydon pouted kissing me one last time. “Fine I’m leaving,” He sighed.

He was being such a baby. Before we had gotten married he had left to business trip all the time, and he never was this over-affectionate. Maybe people were right, getting married does change you. I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him towards me. Quickly I gave him one hard kiss before throwing him out the door.

“Now go!” I giggled.

He turned around and smiled. “Don’t forget to keep an eye on Arianna” He pleaded.

I nodded. “I got it. We made plans to go finish baby shopping tomorrow!” I told him.

“Finish baby shopping?” He yelled out as he got into his car. “Didn’t we make her a baby shower two weeks ago! “He cried out.

Jaydon just didn’t understand how much clothes the baby needed. Arianna would probably be taking her from her house to ours. So I needed to have baby things in the house to make sure the baby has everything.

“I love you!” I laughed closing the door behind me.

I reclined against the door taking in a deep breath. Even though I put a smile on my face and play with him to leave, I wish he didn’t have too. The house always felt empty with him gone. I went into the kitchen and began to clean up.

He had gotten the business call as soon as he finished eating. Jaydon just nodded hanged up the phone, and ran upstairs to get himself ready. I didn’t ask anymore who it was usually when he did that I knew why.

I placed the dishes into the dishwasher, and washed the bigger dishes. I went in to the fridge and grabbed a bucket of strawberry ice cream and a spoon. It already eight-thirty and by now Jaydon and I would be watching movies. I snuggled in my bed and began to watch Bridesmaid while chugging down the ice cream.

Eventually I ended up knocking out and didn’t wake up until my phone began to ring. I slammed my hand over to the night stand and grabbed it.

“Hello,”I groaned out.

“Julie!”I heard Arianna freaking out in the other line.

I sat up trying to figure out what was going on. “Hey, hey you need to talk slower I don’t understand what you are saying,” I told her calmly.

She took in a deep breath before speaking. “My water broke,”

“What? It just broke?” I shrieked jumping out of bed.

I stumbled putting on my converse. I kept my phone against my ear as I pulled my hair into a messy bun. Arianna began to explain how her water broke two hours ago, she thought she had just used the restroom on herself, but her contractions were pretty bad now.

“Okay, I need you to just sit down and breathe, I’m on my way!” I threw the phone on the passenger seat, hitting the gas as I made it into the highway.