Broken | Chapter 29 *Mine*

Sorry for taking so long! (A freaking month!) Anyway, this one took a little while to write since I wanted to make it longer than the others since is the second-to-last chapter! Yes! The next chapter is the last one! Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

*

The grin couldn't be wiped put of my face. It has been there for the whole 2 weeks. Nothing, nothing could anger, annoy, or make me sad. I was so happy.

Jake started thinking it was becoming creepy.

But, you can't blame me! She loves me! She loves me! The best part is that she said it first. I have been waiting for those words to come out of her mouth for long. I'm just not happy about the way - or place, situation - that it happened it. But, nonetheless, it still has the same meaning to me.

But, not everything is ok.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask her as she climbs on my car. She looks at me with a forced smile on her face. She slowly nods before slamming the car door close. I sigh, there's no way to convince her of staying anyway; she already made up her mind.

"Don't worry, I'm ok. We're ok. Just . . . " She says, trailing off. "I can't live with my father, not now. I need . . . I need to settle with my sister and find the time and energy to understand his new relationship." She explains as I start the car. I feel a pang on my heart at hearing her voice; it sounded so broken. I want to help her, to make her happy as I am. And apparently, living with me and my mom is what she wants. To get away from her father.

And I respect her decision on doing this.

Even though it makes things harder for me. I mean, having her the whole day at my house, probably alone because my mom is always out; that requires a lot of self-control, something I seem to lack when Ace is near me.

"I love you." I blurt out randomly, tasting the word and letting them roll out of my mouth. It sounds so good to say it. I look at her from the corner of my eyes and see a smile dancing on her lips.

"I love you, too." She says, slightly laughing at the randomness of my words. But really, she should expect it. Now that I know how she feels, I am saying it everyday, reminding her how much I love her. Besides, it feels good to hear her say it back. "Drake?" She says after a few minutes of silence in the car.

I nod my head, signaling I'm listening and make a 'humph' sound.

"Have you . . . Have you talked to Liam?" She asks in a quiet voice. I frown, I mean, Liam is her friend; isn't she suppose to know where he is or talk to him? At least almost 2 weeks have passed since the hospital thing, I thought they would have talked by now, although I don't even know why they are not talking to each other. She just told me something happened and she couldn't face him yet, but she wouldn't tell me what and would grimace every time I asked her about it.

"No, I haven't. Shouldn't you talk to him?" I ask her, restraining myself from looking at her and taking my eyes off the road.

"You wouldn't understand, I can't talk to him."

Once again, I frown. She's probably right, I would probably not understand their argument, but as much as I don't like Liam, he was the reason I was with Ace. He kind of kept me going when I gave up and took care of her when I broke her heart. He was important to her, and whatever is that they were fighting about, it was probably hurting both of them. And I didn't like when Ace was hurting, but she wouldn't let me do anything, and I don't even know where Liam lives to go and talk to him to solve this.

I don't say anything, now wanting to pressure Ace into telling me; she should trust me to tell me later. The ride was silent from then on, but I didn't mind. I was happy with my thought, although the majority of them involved Ace.