chapter one

This story is a work of fiction and any characters, living or other wise, are completely coincidence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Ari's-POV

I sat at the lunch table all by myself. First day of high school, and I was a TOTAL loner. NO friends, and peanut butter on my finger. I felt pathetic. At my last school, I at least had a few friends. But here, at a new, bigger school.... I felt totally alone.

I looked around at the other Freshman who had friends and large tables filled with people. A small frown creased my face as I finished my PB&J sandwich, banana, and cookie. When done with my lunch, I stood up, pulling my long black hair over my eyes and walked to my locker, not far from the common area of the school.

35, 26, 12, Was the  locker combination that I read of the paper in my hand. The second I opened the locker, all the books I had placed there just before lunch toppled out on me.

"AHH!" I yelped, not expecting the books to fall out. Quickly, I picked up a few of the books and stuffed them in my locker. But in my random flailing, I tripped somebody walking behind me.

"What the..?!" The emo-looking boy said as he pulled himself off the ground and turned toward me... he looked angry. But the second he got a look at me, he said, "OH, I am so sorry! That was totally my fault, I should have been looking where I was going."

I couldn't talk. The boy was like nothing I had ever seen. His long-ish black hair fell over his brilliant green eyes that had a line of black eye-liner on them that extenuated the green. I hadn't ever met a real emo boy before, but I'd seen enough pictures to know that he was a good looking emo boy.

"Are you okay....?" The boy asked me as he knelt down to help pick up my books.

"I'm fine," I could barely say. "It was my fault, I should have put my books in my locker better." I said, averting her eyes from this magnificent boy.

"My name is Forest, I'm a Sophomore. And you are?" Asked Forest.

"My name is ummmm.... Ari, ummm, I'm a ummmm, uh, freshman. Still learning my way around the school....." I said, trying to joke around, but stuttering so bad he probably had no clue what I was even saying.

Forest didn't say anything for a while, he just picked up the books and papers that had spilled from the small locker and organized them quite nicely. "Do you have your schedule on you, Ari?" Forest finally asked as he pulled a pink slip from the back pocket on his black skinny jeans.

My hands were shaking as I pulled out my own pink slip and handed the paper to Forest, while trying to avoid his amazingly deep green eyes. Forest's eyes danced over the paper and a small smile creased his face. He handed me my schedule.

"We have next period together." Forest said with a smile on his face. "SOOOO, let's go to class." Forest grabbed my interior design book out of my locker and also the green binder that was labeled 'Interior Design' in large letters and a smiley face next to it.

I was still speechless as this mesmerizing boy led me down the hall and around a few corners. I could tell he was talking to me, but I was still in shock that this boy even noticed me. Sure, I had tripped him and sure, I could fit in with his type.. in his clique, but why me. I was just the girl that dressed in all black and hid in the shadows. Yes, I had friends in middle school... but I was never popular. I was The Shadow.

".... So Ari, tell me a bit about yourself." Said Forest as we turned yet another corner and walked into (if it was even possible) more people. A lot of those people were staring at Forest and I, but Forest didn't seem to care... it was like people always stared at him.

I ignored his question and instead said, "Don't you care that everybody is staring at us? Don't you have friends to catch up with about summer? Why are you helping me?" To me I sounded really annoying, but Forest thought I was just joking.

"Chill dude, I mean, dudette.... People have been staring at me since I was in kindergarten, I don't mind anymore. I think it's the emo look. And I don't hang out with the other quote-un-quote," he made air quotes with his fingers. "emo kids, because they are all obsessed with attention and cutting and a lot of them are pot heads, and..." He kept going, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this high school was a lot different than I had expected. Emo's that are pot-heads....? those are two totally different cliques. "So do you do any drugs or anything?" Forest asked breaking into my thoughts again as we turned into the interior design class.

"Um, no." I said. "And I don't plan on ever doing drugs or smoking or drinking or anything..." I said trying to concentrate on Forest and not on the millions of people that were in the interior design class. "But can we please talk later?" I asked not wanting to get in trouble by the teacher for talking about drugs in class.

Forest was taken aback a little by my question, "Sure, we can talk later. If I'm annoying you, then you can tell me to just back off." Said Forest, his face hardening.

'Crap,' I thought. '...I think I just hurt his feelings. The big bad emo... wow.' Then my eyes got big when I realized that I might have made him mad enough to just forget about me. "No, I didn't mean it like that." I said scrambling to cover up my words. " I just meant that maybe we could hang out later and talk about stuff and I just don't wanna get in trouble on my first day by talking about drugs and stuff."

Forest nodded his head, but didn't smile. "Let's just go sit over there.... if you even want to sit by me." I could tell that I really hurt his feelings, but I didn't now what to say. I didn't know if Forest was the sarcastic type, or the sensitive type or what. So I just said,

"Of course I'd like to sit by you. You're basically my only friend right now." Forest just looked at me, then led me over to two empty seats in the front of the room. Then I saw something I wasn't very happy about..... my uncle's girlfriend's little brother, Nate. I consider him my uncle already even though he is younger then me. And he was sitting four seats away from me and Forest. Then I noticed Ann, a blond, spunky, popular, girl from my church. But it was too late to ask Forest to move... he was already set up and the teacher was walking up to the front of the class. 'Crap' I thought as both Nate and Ann noticed me.

Now, you'd think that I'd be happy to see two people I actually recognize, but NO! Nate is annoying and always begging for attention. He thinks he's SOOO cool because he's in a rock band with some friends, he can play drums, and is practically my uncle. And Ann, well, Ann and I live on two totally different sides of the spectrum. Like I said, Ann is popular, spunky, and blond. She is basically overly popular and super annoying. We have never been friends, but never really enemies.

Mr. Richardson started his lecture on how class would be for the whole year. He assigned us a chapter in our text book and said that we needed to answer questions 1-5 the best we could from what we read in the chapter. I looked over at Forest who was nodding off to sleep at how boring this class was.

Looking at him made me feel like a creeper. But no matter how creeper-ish I felt, I still wanted to get a good look at this boy before he realized I was looking. He had an ear bud in his left ear that was blaring Not Alone by All That Remains, his eye-liner was put on perfectly and his hair was still covering his perfect left green eye. There were two piercings on his lips that were called snakebites. He had skin tight black skinny jeans and a Disturbed consert T-shirt on.

"Getting a good look?" Forest whispered without opening his eyes. I was so startled that I dropped my textbook on the floor with a loud *THUMP* which made every eye in the room turn towards me... including Mr. Richardson.

"Is everything okay, Miss?" The teacher asked while the other students giggled and my face burned with embarrassment.

"Yes, sorry, I just dropped my book..." I said making my excuse sound as plausible as possible. Forest just smiled to himself, with his green eyes still closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats chapter one of.... a book I still dont have a title for. haha

VOMMAN!!! (vote, comment, and fan) THANKS LOVIES!!!!

<3Sam