Chapter 6: Return to Xanadu ~ Carrie Cutforth

A/N (PART ONE)

WOOOOooooow guys! I can't believe we are at #16 in scifi yesterday!!! That is phenomenal!! I guess many of you have been gearing up for this chapter since the announcement. And we can't believe the numbers: almost 4000 hard core readers, and nearing 250k for all the chapters aggregate.

Make sure you check out all our news below...but for now I just want to say we feel so blessed that you are reading and loving our story: it really inspires us to work hard and write hard and give you more of these characters you love. More about all that below.

But please do us a huge favour. Since this content is free, please please please, if you love it: share it with your friends and spread the word. The more we can get people digging The Karada, the less we need to rely on exhausting day jobs that keep us away from writing this storyworld (as we have the last several months) and the faster we can bring you content WITHOUT distraction!

Love & Bless!

C,T & J

//

Return to Xanadu

David's POV

The tentacles of the ice kraken assaulting my brain slowly began to loosen its hold on me, and I felt a puckering release of its suckers from behind my swollen itchy eyeballs. As the astral sea squid sank into the murky depths of my spine, I heard the roar of cold ocean currents crashing into my skull.

And then I realized it was only my own voice screaming.

And I was screaming out for Emma with outstretched arms as if my fingertips could cut through the metaphysical plane to touch her cheeks, and dry her tears.

FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

I opened my eyes reluctantly, knowing exactly where I was without having my squinty fragmented vision remind me of my utter and complete despair.

I started to punch the cold floor of the lab with my knuckles on either side of my lap, and the Styrofoam beads scattered away at each blow. Penis Piss Blood!

I had found her...I had found her...I found her.

Not just in one world: but two! Two worlds!

And she loved me...she...

Oh gawd...What had I done??? Emma...

My shoulders started to shake at the full realization of the implications of my actions. She had failed the Vestal Virgin test...because I had kissed her, because I had filled her with impure thoughts...

Because I had loved her.

And had to be my asshole self, insisting on telling her all that I had needed to say not what she needed to hear. Right before...

I clenched my teeth and emitted a sob.

What kinda asshole was I in the world anyways? What kinda asshole am I in other worlds?

Am I an asshole in this world?

Stop panicking, dumb ass, I counselled myself. Pepper! Pepper would know what to do...she was always so calm and collected and serene during times like this...

So calculating...

I dried my eyes and finally decided to look around the room, only to realize it was pitch black and the whole lab was quiet. The beads and chladni plates were all still. Not even the basement rats were making those horrible scratching noises they made in their dark corners.

Huh, I must have blown a fuse...that's why I was back here...right? I wasn't sucked away from Emma at the tone of the glass. Just a stupid fucking fuse. FML.