IWDTLY (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) ... 27 -Part 2-

Currently worshiping TaylorWolfOldford for making a few choices for my cover: I debated over which to use and since Wattpad seems to be having a few minor glitches at the moment, it continues to switch from one to the other . Chapters seem to feud over which to have, and I’m kinda with those chapters. You know what? Those people who “read” the first chappie, comment saying how much they “love it” and claim they can’t wait to read more, when in reality I have several more chappies already uploaded, bug the shiznit out of me. Did you know that?

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 27: Those Damn Thin Walls

-Part 2-: The Award Winning Eavesdropper

            “No!” my brother wailed dramatically. He took another deep breath to begin another round of ‘noes’ and ‘why mes’ when I slapped a hand on his mouth and grinned at him. Devon knew this grin. The I-have-beans-to-spill-brother-dearest grin. The get-ready-for-the-dirt grin. The open-your-ears-and-listen-well-because-I-have-shiz-to-tell grin. Every one of my muggle and wizarding friends knew this grin. I was an epic gossiper. “Spill,” Devon commanded, voice muffled by my prewashed hand.

            “Draco plays Quidditch, which is technically a sport. He has had sex before with this gross slut at school who looks like a pug dog. I believe his favorite color to be either green or silver. Total boxer boy, trust me. Straight A’s I would guess. And I sure hope he fucking likes me! If he doesn’t, I’ll shoot him in the foot for kissing me so many damn times!” My brother gave a quiet snicker at this suggestion and confession. Silently, he whispered the word ‘k-i-s-s-i-n-g’ in a sing-song voice. My green-blues eyes rolled at his childishness, and I started back up on the questions. “The stupid boy is here because he just fridgen is. I really don’t want to get into the details as to why exactly. It’s a rather long story that involves this bloody dare Ginny set me up in. And baby brother,” cue Devon grumbling here, “I’m quite proud to say that it’s a definite maybe on the part about being best friends.”

            When Devon threw his arms up in the air with a gleeful ‘yes!’ I nearly got smacked in the face. Next thing I know, I’m being tackled to have my back to the wall. A few pushpins ground into my shoulder blade but I ignored it due to Devon’s very shocking question, “Do you like him?”

----------| Draco’s POV |---------

            They were talking about me. Either this was completely planned, I was asleep and dreaming, or Merlin forbid they were talking about me. My bed was up against the right wall and there were voices coming from behind the wall. One sounded suspiciously like Devon and the other had the exact silkiness of Violet’s voice. But I had to be hearing things, right? Shaking my head back and forth in denial, I lay on the bright yellow sheets and stare at the ceiling. Not that I could really see it anyway. The lights were off and the shades were pulled over the two windows that looked over the backyard. I had looked briefly at the small swing set and slide that were next to a small sandbox earlier. The wood looked well-worn on them, convincing me that had been used frequently when Violet and Devon were little. The thought of staying where Violet grew up sent that need to puke into my stomach and my palms to sweat.

            Relaxing in the comforting mattress, I begin to drift into sleep. When a male voice spoke up above all else, I couldn’t help but snap awake. “Do you like him?” Him? Him? ME? Right? They were talking about me, right? Struggling upward, I shove my face up against the thin wall and place my ear on it.

            “Like him?” came a muffled shout. “Pssh … pssh! N-no way! How could I like that snog-stealing Malfoy!?!” So they were talking about me! And talk about an ego hitting statement … Getting settled on the pillows and leaning on the wall, I easily eavesdrop on every word Violet stuttered out as a confession.

----------| Violet’s POV |----------

            I can’t believe I just told Devon! Everything! From the dare to the dance, the first kiss to the fight, from the make up to the make-out. I told my older brother everything in my stupid stuttering voice in utter confidence. Devon thankfully only squealed and ‘ooohed’ when appropriate. There was the much needed singing of ‘k-i-s-s-i-n-g’ whenever I mentioned lips and he giggled like a school girl when I told him about Anatomy Class. By the time I was finished, it was well worth it. I felt like I had just unloaded the entire universe from my shoulders. My body slumped up against the wall and my voice mumbled, “Fuck you, Draco Malfoy for being so fine.”

            “Guurrll, you have it bad!” Thanks Devon. For the steady brotherly encouragement that will definitely help me through all of my love struggles. I think you should go into marriage counseling for a career choice. It would suit you. Internally I keep ranting to myself and sway over to the door. Clunking the lock back into place, I walk out into the hallway.

            Only to bash into Draco himself.

            “Oh, hey there, Draco! What you doing up so late?” my voice is shaky to say the least. What if he heard what we were talking about earlier? That would be traumatizing, if not totally humiliating. I would prefer he didn’t know that I thought his abs were divine and that I would frequently find myself day-dreaming about them. Or that sometimes I imagine him as a demon and I was an angel and we had a secret forbidden love for each other. Or the very newest version of us being jock and nerd who hate each other only to find that it’s actually love! And then there’s the one where he’s a werewolf and I’m his ma—Shut up! Stupid brain!

            Blinking out of my internal rage, I look at Draco expectantly. By the look on his face, I could tell he was deciding something. We stood there for a good few minutes. Just staring at each other. His eyes glowed a gray that made my heart beat a bit faster. His hair was flattened on one side, suggesting that he was lying down on his pillow contently not too long ago. Subconsciously, I noticed how his face came closer and closer to mine. If I would have been fully awake, I would have pushed him away violently with a good slap in the face, but right now I was only half awake. And in this state, well, I was pretty willing to have those lips against mine.

            “Violet,” I heard Draco mutter before those lips delicately fluttered above mine, pressing only slightly. And then he was gone. The clicking of his lock could’ve been heard a mile away.

            A butterfly kiss, really?

=======

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-Han?

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess