Chapter 1

__________________________________________________________________________________

COPYRIGHT ©2013 BY Miss_Hoodnificent. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO CONTENT IN THIS BOOK MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

___________________________

Disclaimer: This was my very first book so trust me I know this book is shit. Even after editing (there are still a few errors) it's still not a book I'm personally happy with. Not to mention this book wasn't intended to be realistic. Hopefully you'll enjoy it far more than I do.
Happy reading,
-Miss G.

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 1

~August 9th~

~Friday~

~Chanelle P.O.V~

"Chanelle it's time to get up!" I heard my Mom yell from downstairs.

Hi I'm Chanelle, or more commonly called by Nelle. I'm 16, lightly tanned skin, since I'm African-American / European, long brown curls that reach down to my butt and I also have big brown eyes. I've lived in Oakland my whole life. I have some family, not blood-related but very close friends of my Moms'. This is the place where I met my best friend; I will explain her when I actually see her. Enough of that, let's get back to the story.

I sat up in bed and let my eyes adjust. It was already 8:47 a.m. since it was the last 2 weeks of summer before school started I was hoping to live it up. I finally took a deep breath and slipped on my cookie monster slippers, I love the cookie monster, I mean come on? Who wouldn't? I walked into the bathroom and took a nice long shower followed by doing the rest of my hygiene thing. It was gonna be a warm day so I settled with wearing black high waist shorts, an LA crop top, and Bred 11's. It was now around 9:15 so I went downstairs for breakfast.

"It's about time you came down, what would you like for breakfast?" My Mom asked as she stood by the stove waiting to flip a pancake. Pancakes never looked all that appetizing to me so I settled with something else.

"I'm probably just gonna have a pop tart." I said as I searched through the well-stocked cupboards for my box of strawberry pop tarts.

"Well alright, when you leave be sure to lock up the house and don't be out too late. I'm gonna be with your Aunt for the night so you know the rules." She took the plate of pancakes and set it on the center of the table before quickly walking over to the sink to wash her hands.

"I know Mom, don't worry. It's just gonna probably be me, Riley, and Jay."

"Alright. Love you"

"Love you too" She grabbed her phone and keys before heading out of the house. I heard a slam of the door and sat there in sheer silence looking down at my pop tart.

I only live with my Mom and older brother, Jay. My Dad, who I'd much rather just called D since he wasn't considered my Dad through my eyes, walked out on my Mom when I was 1 so I don't remember him. However I actually liked my family like this. We were all really close and could tell each other anything , well mostly anything. Some things could be left out.

I put my plate in the dishwasher and headed upstairs to get my bag and phone after I finished eating my pop tart. I ran back down the stairs, got the keys to my white on white escalade and left the house. I sat in my car and texted my best friend, Riley.

8-9-13 -9:32 a.m. -Me: Good Morning ! (:

8-9-13 -9:33 a.m. -Riley: Ayye, you gonna pick me up or what?

8-9-13 -9:34 a.m. -Me: yea, I'm on the way! Be waiting out front

8-9-13 -9:35 a.m. -Riley: Ight

Let me introduce you to Riley. She was 5', blonde hair, a lot whiter than me, like she was full on white but she was a true friend. We have known each other since about 3rd grade when we were put in a seating chart next to each other. As I was driving to her house I pulled up to a red light at the main intersection of the street. I heard guys trying to get my attention. I simply rolled my eyes at first and just focused on the road but curiosity got the best of me and I turned my head to the side just to take a quick peek.

When my eyes finally managed to focus on them, there seemed to be I think 5 or 6 of them. One was sitting on the hood of a Camaro while the other 4 stood around. I realized who they were and my jaw nearly dropped.