Protecting Payzer

Miranda's POV:

I quietly walked down the sidewalk with my head hanging low, my hands in my pockets as I listened to the lyrics of Macklemore's song, "Can't Hold Us". It was chilly outside, as it was the middle of fall. There were people walking around in big, bulky coats, still shivering and rubbing they're arms in attempt to keep warm. I wore only ripped skinny jeans and a hoodie over my T-shirt, and I wasn't cold at all, I guess I'm just weird.

I drew my phone from my back pocket to put on a new song, only to have someone grab it from me and start running. Seriously?

"Hey!" I snapped, running after the dick.

He turned around, making eye contact with me. To be honest, the guy was pretty cute but he's clearly an ass, considering he just took my phone.

Once I was close enough, I grabbed the back of his jacket, jerking him towards me. I took my phone from him, pushing him to the ground and putting my headphones back in, changing the song to "Inner Ninja" by Classified featuring David Myles, then walking away. I suddenly felt a hand snake around my waist, pulling me into another body. I quickly hit this strange guy in the balls, and felt him release me and bend over, cupping his dick. I then grabbed his arm, flipping him over my shoulder and onto the ground. I looked down at the cute boy who appeared to be in pain.

"What are you, a super girl?" He hissed through his teeth.

"Nope, I'm a fucking ninja." I said then continued walking down the street.

In case you were wondering, no I'm not a ninja. I wish I was a ninja, but I'm really just a nineteen year old girl who is specially trained by her father in fighting, self defense, and the protection of others. My dad is a bodyguard who works for celebrities, which just so happens to be my dream job.

Oh, and my name is Miranda. Miranda Higgins. Daughter of Paul Higgins. You may see my dad as the cool bodyguard for One Direction, but I see him as a big poop who never let's me be a teenager. But I do have to thank him for teaching me my skills.

Anyway, as you now know, my name is Miranda. I have brown hair with blue tips that goes past my bum. I have blue eyes that I find plain and boring, but others call 'wonderfully beautiful' or 'gorgeous, just like an ocean!'. I'm about 5'7" and I guess I'm fairly skinny and fit, considering I'm sort of a bodyguard... I never really consider myself beautiful... But yeah... I like to listen to rap and pop music, sometimes country or other things. Uhm... I don't really know what else to say.

My life is pretty boring... My dad is always away, working for One Direction and all, he kinda needs to be with them wherever they go. I've never met the boys and I don't really care much for them. I don't even know what they look like. Hate me if you'd like, I'm used to it. I've always wanted to work as a bodyguard, but no one has ever hired me which sucks. They never give me a chance! But oh well!

I continued walking down the sidewalk, making my way towards McDonald's to eat. Once I finally made it to my destination, I pulled the door open and made my way into the line. I heard the door open, and loud screams from girls outside of the building. I didn't bother to turn around, I don't really care... I finally got to the front, and placed my order.

"2 Big Macs, 1 large fry and 1 large drink please." I ordered. The man nodded his head, tapping the buttons on his computer thingy.

"Your total is $7.69." He said.

I nodded my head and pulled out my wallet, only to see I had no money inside and my credit card was missing.

"Shit." I cursed.

"No money, no food." The cashier shrugged.

"No, no, no! I really want my food." I cried.

"Here." Said someone behind me, handing the man a ten dollar bill.

I turned around and was greeted with a pair of sparkling blue eyes. The guy had dyed blond hair, I could tell it was dyed because his real color, brown, was growing in. He had perfectly straight teeth that twinkled when he smiled. He was a bit taller than me, and looked quite fit. I quickly turned away, blushing as he noticed I was staring at him.

The cashier handed the boy his change, and gave me my food. I turned to the boy, thanking him and walking towards a booth. I had my hood up, hoping people would realize that means 'I don't want to be bothered'. I opened the small box and brought my warm burger to my mouth, taking a large bite and savoring the flavor. I closed my eyes, sighing as I gulped down my food. What can I say? I love my food! I took another bite, chewing like a pig, but stopped when someone sat beside me. I narrowed my eyes, turning to look at who was beside me. It was Blondie who bought my food.

"Can I help you?" I asked, sounding slightly rude.

"What? I can pay for your food but I can't sit with you? That's a bit unfair, don't ya think?" He asked in an Irish accent, smirking at me.

"Well, thanks for paying for me but why do you wanna sit with ME?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged and smiled at me.

"I thought you could use some company." He replied, pulling my hood off my head, showing off my brown and blue hair. I narrowed my eyes at him again, pulling my hood back up.

"Nice hair." He said.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

He pulled off my hood again, smirking at me. Who the fuck does he think he is? I pulled my hood back up, only to have him pull it down again.

"Do you mind?" I spat, trying hard not to laugh.

"Why do you have your hood up? I can't see your face when you have it up." He asked.

"That's the point." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Why are you hiding your face?"

"Why do you care?" I pried.

"Because." He shrugged.

"I bet you're really pretty, but I wouldn't know cause I can't see your face." He said in a teasing voice.

"If I show you my ugly face, will you leave me alone?" I huffed.

"Maybe." He replied.

I reluctantly pulled my hood down, showing this stranger my face.

"Happy now?" I asked, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Woah..." He breathed.

"What? Did you go blind?" I laughed.

"No... You're just- wow." He said.

"You're creeping me out." I whined.

"Sorry. You're just really, honestly, stunning." He said shyly.

"Do I need to punch you in the head?" I asked, being completely serious.

"Please don't..." He gulped. I laughed at the fact he was scared of me.

"I don't even know your name." I said, stating the obvious.

"Niall, Niall Horan." He said proudly.

"Cool." I said, nodding my head.

"Wait... You don't know who I am, do you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me, looking surprised.

"No...?" I said, but it came out more as a question.

"Am I supposed to?"

"No. No... Anyway, what's your name?" He said quickly.

"Miranda..." I said unsurely, not knowing if I really wanted to share my name with a stranger.

"Beautiful name, for a beautiful girl." He said. I burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"Cause, you're lying." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"God you're stubborn." He laughed.

"No, I just know the truth. And that is that I am not beautiful. END OF DISCUSSION HORAN." I said sternly. He laughed and shook his head.

A beeping noise came from Niall's pocket as he drew his phone from his back pocket, sliding his iPhone open and reading a text.

"Crap, I gotta run. Can I maybe, get your number?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute... Do I really wanna give this guy my phone number? What if he's some sort of stalker?

Although he could be dangerous, something inside of me said it was a good idea to give him my number. I have no idea why, but I nodded my head yes.

"Awesome." He smiled, opening up a new contact on his phone and handing it to me. I entered my name and number, then looked at Niall, smiling.

"I need a picture, pose with me." I said. He nodded his head then wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

"1,2,3, pose!" I said.

Once I said 'pose' I felt a pair of lips come in contact with my cheek. I stuck my tongue out at Niall, then looked at the picture. In the picture, Niall was kissing my cheek and I was smiling, my eyes slightly shinning. We sort of looked like a couple. It was actually kinda cute... Wait, what? Cute? Miranda! What is wrong with you!? It is not cute! NO!

"Eh, can you send that to me?" I asked shyly. Niall nodded his head.

"Sure, babe. Well I gotta go. It was nice meeting you!" He said, picking up his food and standing up. I grabbed my food too, standing up and for some reason, giving the boy a hug. Why did I hug him? I have no idea. I awkwardly pulled out of the hug, looking up at a smiling Niall.

"Bye, Niall." I laughed.

"Bye, Miranda. Talk to you soon." And with that, he was gone.

For some reason he seemed familiar, but I have no idea where I would have seen him before. I shrugged to myself, walking out of the restaurant and down the road to my house.

I grabbed my key from my pocket, putting it in the keyhole while sliding a French fry in my mouth. I walked inside to see my mom and dad making out on the couch.

"Oh dear god! Get a room!" I grimaced.

"Nice to see you too, Miranda." My dad laughed.

"When did you get home?" I asked, putting another fry in my mouth.

"Couple hours ago. The boys are finished their tour so they're staying here in London." My dad informed me.

"'The boys'?" I asked, slightly confused as to who these 'boys' are.

"One Direction." My mom cut in.

"Oh... That's nice." I said.

"Yeah... They're coming here for dinner tonight... I know you don't really know who they are, but don't be rude." My mom said.

"Fine." I huffed, trudging down the stairs towards the basement where my room is. I pulled out my phone and saw I had a new text, from a number I don't know. I read the text and it was from Niall.

"Hey, Miranda! It's Niall! Here's the picture of us from earlier :) xx" it said.

I smiled at the picture, saving it to my phone after I saved Niall's number to my contacts. We texted for a couple hours, and I oddly felt like we could be close friends. We both told each other a lot about ourselves, so we know each other well. For some reason, this Niall Horan fella is growing on me, and I don't know wether to feel good about it or not...

(A/N): Why don't I just post another fan fiction? Omg I'm so weird .-. This plot kinda sucks but it's worth the shot... So here... Thanks if you read this!!! :D

- Corrina