39 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

Think people were panicking that I'd gone AWOL again, but fear not, Gem is here!!! :)

Apologies for any mistakes, I haven't proof read it and the spell check on this Mac goes a little doo-dally sometimes.

The song on the side is what is being danced to in this chapter.

Follow me on Twitter... @princessrose187

Part 39....

********

"I am so fricking nervous about this cheer off" I admitted, taking a sip of my banana milkshake.

It was getting to the point where I just wanted it over and done with.

"Chill your beans, we've got this in the bag" Chelsea assured me, a huge grin on her face.

I smiled at my friend; she still had that whole "I'm so in love" glow going on.

"I'm glad you're so happy" I told her honestly, switching the topic. "Just think, if you and Jordan had been clued up earlier you could have been this happy for years"

Chelsea rolled her eyes, but I didn't miss the fact that her cheeks had turned slightly pink.

"It's true" I continued, "Do you know how annoying it was to have to sit and wait for you both to realise?"

"Probably not as annoying as having to listen to you moan about Liam one minute and then admit you'd been kissing his face off the next" she retaliated with a smirk.

"Okay fair point" I laughed, taking another sip of my drink and putting it down on the table. "Are you ready to leave?"

We'd come to the mall to shop for accessories for ourselves and the rest of the squad ready for Fridays cheer off; cheer practise had been during our lunch break today so that there would be time for us to go shopping. Being the busy bee that I am,  I only had a few hours before I had to be at dance rehearsals with Contagious.

As we exited the milkshake shop we'd been in, Chelsea let out a noise that resembled a growl.

Following her gaze, I emitted a similar sound.

Candice was walking towards us with a few of the girls who were in her squad for the cheer off. Candice grinned when she saw us, while the rest of the group looked uncomfortable.

"Well look what the cat dragged in" she said scathingly when she reached us, "Comfort drinking? Nothing like a fatty milkshake to make you feel better"

She ran her fingers through her long, dark hair as she waited for us to respond.

"Nice to see you girls" I said, ignoring Candice and addressing the others, "I hope I'm your captain on Friday. I miss you all"

It was true. I didn't hold a grudge or anything that they had sided with Candice. She was scary and I knew at least a few of them had probably been forced.