Him

Samaar's POV

 It was the 10th of September when I finally went to school. Only a few days late, because my mom wanted me to adjust to the house. And during those last 5 days, I didn't see much of my so-called fiance.

I looked out the window, and I was staring down at the backyard. It was huge. There was a cherry blossom tree at the corners of the backyard, and roses planted next to each tree. Auntie said she liked gardening. Their backyard was nice and simple, but their front lawn wasn't really that cute. Auntie said she didn't get time for that, so she only finished the backyard. I was wearing a blue summer skirt with a black top, a black jacket, and a black hijab, with a turquoise necklace. It was my first day of school, and I honestly don't know what's next. Aakifah got to the door, and banged on the wall.

"Samaar, hurry!" I looked back, and Aakifah was already running down the stairs. I grabbed my dark brown bag, and made my way down the stairs. I was apparently going to the same school as Sheath. 

Everyone was already at the dining table. My dad, Uncle, Auntie, my mom, and Aakifah. There was someone else, but I didn't bother looking in their direction. After a couple of minutes that person got up, and said salaam to my dad, and both families. I still didn't look up. But from the voice I already knew who is was. It was him.

"Sheath, you don't have to walk today. Uncle's going to your school too. He'll drop you and Samaar off first, then he'll drop off Aakifah." Uncle said. I looked up, and Sheath was nodding at Uncle. 

"Sheath, help Samaar out, and don't let her get lost, okay?" Auntie said, smiling at me. I smiled back.

"I'll be okay Auntie. Don't worry." I said as I finished eating. I picked up my bag.

"Good! You guys look wonderful!" Auntie said looking from Aakifah to me. "Come to the kitchen I have to give you guys something. Sheath go wait outside. They'll be there in two seconds."

Auntie took out two small packets of what looked like jewellery. There were two broaches in her hand. She unwrapped them both, and put it on Aakifah first, then on me. 

"There! Now you guys look even prettier!" She kissed both of us on our foreheads and Aakifah smiled, and hugged Auntie, and said thanks. I did the same, and we left.

We got to our dad's car, and Sheath was already sitting there with my dad. I didn't dare look at him. 

Soon after our long ride to school, me and him both got off. My dad left, and Aakifah wished me luck. and said salaam with my dad. My heart started pounding suddenly. I hate change... Ugh.

I didn't realize Sheath was standing beside me. He turned to me, and I squinted because the sun was in my face. I turned away to look at the ground.

I looked up and saw him looking straight at me.

Without realizing it, I was looking him straight in the eye. "Were you tricked by that marriage talk?" He asked. He was expressionless. I kept staring at him. Right now, I'm too busy envying his eyes to care about whatever the heck he's saying. Green eyes. I want them!

"Why?" I asked, surprised by my voice. I sounded a little sad. Samaar... WHY WOULD YOU SOUND SAD? You can't marry a GUY. They're filthy, nasty and dirty! Just marry money. It'll keep you happy and wealthy for the rest of your life!

"It's all fake." He replied. It's fake? Alhamdullillah! I sighed in relief, looking away. He was freakishly tall, and skinny, and he stood as straight as a rock. He was wearing a black shirt, with black skinny jeans, and a gray jacket. 

Well that's done. I dislike guys... a lot. They get on my nerves. At least he's doing all the work for me.  Besides it's not like I can fall in love with a... brick. 

"That is... if we can break it up." He said. I sharply shifted my eyes from the ground to his face.

"Excuse me?" I blurted out. " I thought you said it was fake." I said in the sharpest voice ever.

"Just think of it like that... I'll break it apart." He said putting his hand over his head to block the sunlight while he looked right at me. He stopped for a second, and then said, "Do you wanna be the bad guy? Or should I?" He asked in a heavy voice. Is he starting to get sick or something? What's wrong with his voice?

"The bad guy?" I asked. If I'm the bad guy, I'll be the cool one right? Does that mean I have to get on Aunty's bad side?

"Well, the first scenario could be you having a boyfriend already, then my parents wouldn't even think of getting us married off." He said. I was already shaking my head. 

"If you want me to commit suicide that bad, I will, but not that way..."

He sighed. "Okay, what if I'm the one that has a girlfriend?" I lifted my eyebrows. All cultures go easy on guys though, right?

"What's that going to accomplish?" I asked.

"It'll accomplish a lot." A loud bell rang, and Sheath looked back. "It's the first bell. I'm gonna find you at... lunch." He said, inching away looking behind me.

 My shoulders grew heavy... Somebody was on me, and I heard her voice clearly, as she said, "Samaar, Samaar, Samaar. What happened to lowering your gaze?" I turned to my right slowly, narrowing my eyes and saw Yusra. She used to go to Islamic School with me till grade nine. 

"YUSRA?" I yelled, surprised. I saw Sheath leave at the corner of my eyes. He was walking up the hill to the entrance. I hugged her so tight, she gagged. "I thought I was gonna die of loneliness! Yay yay yay! Yusra's here!" She was still gagging.

"Samaar.... my neck..." I let go, and gave her  my puppy eyes.

"What classes are you in? Huh? Huh?" I asked impatiently. She sighed.

"I told you to stop overdosing on sugar early in the morning, didn't I?" She said looking at me with a helpless expression. Yusra was my best friend and my best sister. 

"Wait... I didn't eat chocolate this morning though..." At this moment all my energy drained out. "I want some chocolate..." Yusra laughed, and she asked me what classes I had, so I told her, and she told me hers. We had three out of four classes together surprisingly. 

"By the way... Who was that guy you were talking to you?" After smiling for so long, my mouth twisted, and my shoulders drooped. 

"Ugh. He's just some sadistic guy that's... Since you're my best friend, and I've known you for over seven years, I trust you, so I'll tell you. But... at lunch!" I said, dragging her to school with me. 

We surprisingly had three out of four classes together. Except my first class was going to be without her, but I wasn't scared

Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

___________________________________________________________________

Salaam! 

I really appreciate the comments, and votes I get for this story. They mean a lot to me!

For the past week, I've been thinking about the characteristics each character would have... and it wasn't easy. So I hope you enjoy it! ^.^

Salaam!