Prologue

• Dedicated to Jeremiah Lee Jones

The Underworld

June 15, 2010

Journal Entry

Dear Journal,

This is the first time I ever wrote in this damn thing in years. I mean seriously, who writes in a journal these days? I bet you, journal or any unlucky fellow reader, are wondering who the hell am I? I’m just telling you my name now out of pure whim. Not like I have to because you know what? This is my journal and you, journal, don’t need to know my name… Wow, Am I seriously fighting with a journal?

Okay, this is nuts. This is why I don’t write in these damn things! It makes you feel like your arguing with yourself! Damn, I need to get back on track here.

 I shall tell you of my name and my name is Verin. Wasn’t it nice of my mother to call me the demon of impatience? I must have been one hell of a wailing monster when I entered the world since she wanted to call me that so much. Anyways, I am Prince Verin Gabriel Efros. But DON’T call me by my middle name or last unless it’s my parents or those damn elders that I dislike so much. Not like they are respected or cared for in the Underworld anyways nor are they listened to unless someone needs to.

Alright, since we got that settled, I must tell you a bit about my family. My mother is dead or, what I like to say, murdered. She did loved me, really, and spoiled me to the core which is why I act how I am today. She was a tall woman with dark hair and tanned skin. Her eyes used to be brown and she was a care free yet strict of a parent that I ever knew. Too bad she was murdered when I was twelve-going-on-thirteen.

Of course, my teenage years (still going) were my rebellious years. I mean, come on, could you blame me? My mother was murdered, I am the rightful heir to the throne, I barely see my father, and I get to continue to be spoiled. Yet am I happy? Well, they try their hardest to keep me that way.

Is it wonderful to know that your father could be fucking some woman right now on the other side of the castle? Yeah, that’s right, I heard the rumors! Did anyone think those kind of things can be hidden? HA! Serves you stupid servants and other gossipers right!

My bad, Journal, I can’t keep my thoughts straight. Kind of a brain scrambler… no… that doesn’t sound right… Gr.. What was that word?! Oh! Now I remembered! Scatter-brained! Yep, that’s the word.

Anyways, I’m seventeen now and it seems life keeps going and at twenty one years of age, I’ll have to take over the throne of the Underworld. Does that sound fun or what? Yeah… No. I don’t like waiting and I don’t like to be kept waiting. So, I do pressure my tutors and stuff about when I’ll be on the throne or can it happen sooner and so on.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I have two younger brothers and three younger sisters. Yes, I am the eldest and yes, my mother had me, one other brother and one sister. The other three? Are my half siblings because my sweet father was sleeping around. I’m expecting more siblings soon. I heard there was two more women (I don’t know if they are the same mothers of my three siblings or not) are expecting a child. I don’t feel like telling you their names either so you’ll figure that one out some other time when I write about them.

Now onto something more recent. I had met with my father in his study hall and he had told me it’s about time I get myself a pet or a personal slave. He said, he’ll still provide me slaves or servants to take care of me but I must start taking responsibilities by watching and caring for a slave. Ugh. I definitely don’t have the patience for that but I agreed to it anyways. Anything to raise the appointment of my day of being crowned or I hope so anyways.

So, I’ll be going to the slave trading tomorrow in the lower regions of the Underworld and pick my slave. All I knew is that, I don’t want a mortal slave because I might accidentally kill the damn thing. Not like I give a shit but I pity the workers sometimes that must clean up my dirty work. Hey, I’m a fucking demon. Of course, I’m going to have raging hormones by the max, killer instincts, short tempers sometimes and I don’t usually have a conscience.

Had enough of me, huh? Well there must be one thing I must warn you about. My father doesn’t know my secret that I hid well. Are you curious what that is, Journal? Then I’ll tell you this:

Too bad you’re not going to know either for a long time.

Did I piss you off?

Aw, you poor baby.

Guess what?

Jerk off to someone else, will yeah?

Sincerely,

Verin >=3

______________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I'm doing this as a safety thing

©2014 Tena Reed

All rights reserved.

This book, "The Underworld's Moon," including all chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated content is copyrighted. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator (Tena Reed) of this work and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Anyways!

Picture off the side there is (or was) the cover of this story. Thanks to dinoslifeforme for it, who I dedicated the second chapter to. :)

This prologue is dedicated to Jeremiah because... Well he was the one who inspired me to write this story in the first place. Without him, people, you wouldn't have the story you love so much right now.  :D

Thank you for reading! Have a pleasant day and reading experience!