CHAPTER 1 - Experiences Remembered and Never to Forget

This dedication goes to my bestie MeoWsChu

Your awesome and THANK YOU for helping me write it ^^

=================================================

Run. It was the first thought that came into my head. However my body didn’t register it with my brain. As I struggled to gather myself together, the enemy was drawing near, getting closer and closer.  With every step they took it brought them closer to my hiding spot, making it difficult for me to breathe as I waited them to pounce. This feeling could be described like a constricted bird that’s trapped in a tiny little cage.  I asked myself the question, Will I die right here, right now?  Suddenly I felt someone grab my upper arm and pull me to my feet, running towards the Sanctuary of Hell.   As I was running I decided to look up to see who had my hand. At the same time of this decision, a gun shot was fired going off with an enormous bang. The birds flew away and a scream was heard as well as a body landing with a loud thump.  I felt a wet, sticky substance on my hand, when I brought it up closer to my face to see all I saw was red.  This substance dripped from my icey cold fingers. It fell to the ground, creating a pool of liquid around a shoulder. This wasn’t just any shoulder I realized, it was Corrie’s. Shocked at what I was witnessing, I started to scream.

I woke up unable to breathe and startled at what my dream had shown me. The dream made me remember the state Corrie was in when she left the group with Kevin weeks ago; the pale face; her cold skin; the blood that surrounded the wound; her shallow breathing.  The event was a constant reminder of the horrifying situations that we are dealing with in our past, present and future.  I decided to go wash my face to rinse out all the sweat my nightmare had produced.  As I stepped out of the tent, I could hear the birds singing, saw the sun shining down on us and smell the earth smell that the land brought to us. This place was paradise to us when we first found it and still is. However we all knew that just outside here in our town of Wirrawee there was a war going on.  When I was nearby the stream, I suddenly tripped over something hard.

When I looked up to see what it was, it was something I never expected to see.

===========================================================================

Thanks for reading that far!

Thats all I had to do!

-Amiie-