Bound to Happen

Oh I absolutely love Scorpius/Rose xD

Along with Ron/Hermione, definately one of my favorite HP couples.

------------------------------

By Innocent Innuendo  (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/265450/Innocent_Innuendo)

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3716523/1/

I see you right in front of me, a vision in my head

And I know this is as real, as a daydream gets

I.

Rose 'Rosie' Granger-Weasley sat tall and flushed with happiness at the Gryffindor table. Pride filled her small eleven-year-old chest at the thought of being in the same house as both her mother and father. She blushed as James Potter (now in his 3rd year) patted her on he back and smiled down at her in congradulation. On Roses' other side sat her best friend, Albus Severus, who was breathing a sigh of relief at having been sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin. In truth, Rose had felt the same fear (although hers had been for Ravenclaw), so she reached down to grab his hand and beamed at him. Al looked down at their enjoined hands and blushed before smiling back at the girl.

Rose turned her attention back to the sorting ceremony just in time to see a small boy with messy silver hair get sorted into Slytherin. He smirked triumphantly and strutted over to the Slytherin table to sit next to a pug-nosed little boy. Rose remembered him from the train station mere hours before. She also remembered her father's words about him—

"Make sure to beat him in every test, Rosie."

(She felt as though there was more her father had said, but she simply couldn't remember what.)

Wanting nothing more than to make her father happy, Rosie did just that. She beat him in every class, on every test, and on every paper. Which wasn't simple, Scorpius turned out to be a worthy rival. Although it wasn't quite as easy a goal as she believed it was going to be, Rose relished in every moment of it. But the vicious glare he sent her when he was ranked second highest of the first years, made her almost regret the whole year.

But her father's large grin made it worth it in the end.

II.

Rosie couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts. The summer had been long and boring without her favorite game to play.

The "Beat Scorpius" game.

Why did everything feel so boring without her rival around? Nobody challenged her like he did. The girl smiled out the window of the Hogwarts Express, as James and Al complained about the lacking number of chocolate flavored jellybeans in the packet of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans they had bought. She couldn't wait to see the blond haired boy, watch as his lip curled back into a sneer when she first beat him. Rose giggled, as she imagined his face. She could tell this was going to be a good year.

A week after school began, Rose found Scorpius studying for the upcoming Charms test. After grabbing the book she wanted, Rose took a seat opposite the scowling boy.

"Hey, Scorpius." She said brightly as she opened the book.

Scorpius looked up, startled. "Uh…"

"Can you believe that Professor Gilberto gave us a test this soon? Al flipped after we left the class. I don't really think it'll be that much of a problem, Al just needs to study more." Rose continued, flipping through the index.