Popularity Sucks

•° Chapter 1°•

...:Lucas's POV:...

I was always the popular kid. Everyone always loved me. Every girl wanted me, every guy wanted to be me. But I'm sick of it. And there's only one guy who can change any of this. I think he thinks I'm disgusting anyways.

I sigh and watch Parker be his adorable, dorky self in first period, as usual. My friend Renee elbows me. She's the one true friend I've had my whole life. "What?"

"Go talk to him. He might realize you're not such a douche after all."

I roll my eyes. "No fucking way."

Our drama teacher, Mrs. Cosgrove, clears her throat. "Alright kids, we're gonna be doing partner scenes! And before you ask, no, you cannot pick your own partner."

Collective groans sound around the room.

Mrs. Cosgrove writes the partners down on the whiteboard. Guess who my partner is. Parker. I sigh. He hates me.

Parker skulks up to me. "I uh, guess we're partners."

I scuff my shoe on the tile. "Yeah... Look, any rumors you've heard--"

"Aren't true. Hey man, I know. Before I came here, I was popular at my old school. Every rumor that was spread wasn't true. No one cared. So I left and came here. I only act like a dickwad to you because of my friends. And I'm sorry man. We cool?" he asks, holding his fist out to me.

"We cool." I bump my fist to his. Wow. At least he doesn't think I'm disgusting.