{Chp. Two}

Hey Mr. President, I Thought You Were Dead?

{Chp. Two} 'Katalina'

“Kat honey, I know what you're thinking but I know my brother. He would never, ever cheat on you. Kyle was probably just seeing things again.” Jamie hollers through the closed bedroom door, desperation coloring her voice when I make no move to reply. “Katalina, you know Dominic, you know he wouldn't.”

I should have known better than to think Kyle would just leave when I'd locked him out of the bedroom. No, the moron just had to go and call Jamie, Matt and Zane. Did nobody understand that I just wanted them all to go away and leave me alone?

“I was not! You may not like it but I know what I saw and Matt saw them, too. Like it or not, Jamie, your brother was sucking face with some blonde bimbo and Katalina had the right to know.” Oh yeah, Katalina had the right to know, she just didn't want to. If Kyle had just kept his mouth shut I could have continued on thinking things would just work themselves out. Rather than wondering if I can even trust my own husband.

“Who kissed who, Kyle? Did Dominic kiss her or was it the other way around?” Jamie snaps and I cringe at my reflection in the mirror when some small sliver of hope builds in my chest. What did it matter who kissed who? A kiss was a kiss and Dominic hadn't bothered to let me know it'd happened either way.

“The girl he was with kissed him, Jamie.” Even I can hear the frown in Matt's voice as he thinks whatever thoughts are running through his head over. Matt always frowned when he was thinking about something serious, somethings just never change.

“And the two of you probably didn't bother to stick around and see if he pushed her away, did you? No, Dominic let some girl plant her nasty lips on him for-what, a couple of seconds? And the two of you just automatically think he's cheating. God, you know the two of you are really something.”

And the three of them with their arguing are driving me insane. Why couldn't Zane butt in like he always did and calm them down?

“Well, no we didn't stick around but-.. what does that matter? A kiss is a kiss, Jamie. And who's to say it was the first one?” Kyle squeaks back at her and I can't help but snicker at the sound of it. Kyle had only begun squeaking recently when he was very upset about something and I still haven't mastered the art of not laughing when he does. And right now it kinda feels good to laugh about something.