Chapter 3 - How Mean Of A Teacher?

Aaron's P.O.V.

I just opened the door and Mr.Evan started staring at me. His dark tired eyes glaring at me. Dark scars on his face that made "mean teacher" seem to fit the look.

"You're Late." Mr. Aaron said to me and Stryke.

Normally the teachers don't bother me when i'm late because of my condition but, i'm not sure Mr. Evan even knows that I have it.

"Sorry sir, we fell asleep." Stryke called back.

I shivered a little as Stryke tightened his grip on my arm. Stryke has always had a problem with Mr.Evan and Mr.Evan has always had one with us. Luckily Mr.Evan just had us sit down instead of getting Stryke any madder. He has a sort of temper issue.

"Alright Class, now that everyone is here and hopefully well rested, we can begin our experiment." Mr. Evan took a pause before continuing his speech.

"Today we will be taking genes from one animal and placing them in another compatible species eggs." Mr. Evan pulled out a large cart from the side room filled with everything from amphibians to zebras.

     When I said a large cart I meant it, lucky it was on a hover cart otherwise I doubt it would've moved an inch.

"I have picked your partners and i'll hand you the work sheet as I call your names. Gladis and Eric." He waited for the students to come up and get the project's outline.

"Harry and Francis...... "John and Amanda....."

I hung on every word as less and less people were in the room just hoping that I'd get partnered with Stryke.

"Sofia and....." Mr.Evan chuckled.

"Stryke," Mr.Evan whispered something under his breath to Stryke but I couldn't hear.

"Aaron and lastly, Nadia."

Nadia is exactly what I need right now. Nadia in Slavonic means hope and in a way even though Nadia thinks she is a know-it-all she's probably my best chance at actually surviving science class. We walked upto the science cart and looked at the leftover animals we could choose from.

"I think the best pairing would be an Anura and Testudines." She looked at me proud of herself.

I don't know why she didn't just say frog and turtle, it was more annoying than a proud moment.

"Sure that sounds great." I used my unnoticeable sarcasm

"Can you umm....... get them?"

Nadia also happens to be almost 2 feet shorter than me.

"Sure," I said simply reaching in front of me to get the frog and turtle.

When we entered the actual lab all the good tables were taken. The good news though was right when I walked in Harry and Francis moved from their table so I'd have the best spot, next to Stryke. I put the animals on the table and turned to him.

"Do we really have to do this before lunch?"

I said it quietly but still, Mr. Evan heard me.

"Yes, we do." Mr. Evan replied with an almost cynical smile.

"And no talking unless it's with your partner."

"But, Aaron is my partner." Stryke said in a lovey dovey tone.

I really wish he was being serious. It was kind of a waste to have Mr. Evan kick him out of the room for a pointless remark. I turned back to Nadia who had already removed the gene from the turtle. I guess it was a smart move since frogs tend to grow faster. She looked at me and smiled.

" You know, I think he really does like you." Nadia said.

" Well of course he likes me, I've been his friend since I was little."

When I was growing up I lived on campus. There weren't many kids but sometimes the Dean's secretary would bring Stryke to visit me. He was the chubby kid that loved sweets. At first we fought a lot. Eventually though our friendship grew close.

" No, I mean I think he loves you."

" No, he doesn't love me.... He just cares."

I grabbed the needle filled with the turtle gene and injected it into the frog's egg cells. I watched through the frogs skin as the liquid invaded it. Then, we were done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>.< hey guys, it's me the writer. Apparently there isn't bold print when typing from an iPod. So, this chapter is a little longer.... And it would've been better if my Internet didn't crash and delete half of it which I had to rewrite from memory. But, it's not this chapter I'm excited about, the next chapter from Stryke's P.O.V. Is going to have something pretty interesting that you didn't find out in Aaron's P.O.V. And I may do a small chapter from Nadia's P.O.V. Since I did want there to be a female friend for Aaron.

Do you think that Nadia and Stryke are the only weird names in the story compared to all the other kids in the class? Also comment below if you think of a cool name because I may need a few more. Hope you enjoyed the story so far.