The Birth Of Moi

I don't earn Percy Jackson, epic rap battles, or Katy Perry!

I added a lot of humor to this chapter, hope you guys like it!

The next day, both woke early, for they had a lot going on. Both ate a breakfast of ambrosia (since they were now gods), and set off for Olympus. The desk-woman smiled at them. “What can I do for you?” she asked with a smile.

“We need to go to the six-hundredth floor,” Percy returned the smile.

“There is no….”

Percy interrupted. “I’m Percy Jackson, and this is my wife, Annabeth. Didn’t any of them tell you to expect us today?”

Her mouth made an O. “You should have said so in the first place, honey! Go right up.”

Percy and Annabeth climbed aboard the elevator, with Annabeth humming along to the song. When they got to the top floor, Poseidon and Athena met them at the top.

“Hello, young gods!” Poseidon smiled at them and looked at Athena. She gave a weak smile, and looked at the pair.

“So, the first thing we need to do is figure out your powers,” Athena stated. She looked directly at them. “Since I am the goddess of knowledge, I already know what powers both of you have and can tell them to you. However, only you can figure out how to use them wisely. We are going to go to the council of the gods to announce this in front of everyone.”

“Everyone as in….” Percy started.

“Gods, goddesses, demigods, and other creatures alike. Iris is charging waaayyy extra for this message.” She looked at Percy warmingly for the first time. Are you ready?”

They took deep breaths.

“I suppose,” Annabeth confessed.

They walked down the hall into a large throne room where numerous gods in their giant forms were staring down at them. A huge rainbow glimmered over the whole room, and Artemis was the only god that stood. She was in front of the door with Thalia beside her. Thalia gave them a thumb up and winked.

“Gods and Goddesses, Demigods and Centaurs, all creatures, including the Oracle,” Annabeth saw a faint flash of Rachael’s face grinning beside Nico in New York.

“We have gathered today to…” Apollo interrupted.

“Um, Athena?” he asked.

“Yes?” she scowled.

“Don’t you think you should give it a little more, you know, style?” he flashed a winning grin.

Athena stared for a second then smiled. “You go right ahead, Apollo, but I know one thing. I will beat you at this rap war.”

He gave her a scary look. “Well Miss Wise One, you’re about to be proven wrong. Give me something, sis!” Artemis shook her head. Thalia started beat boxing and Artemis looked shocked at her.

Apollo dished his rap:

“Every god here

You know my name

But no one thinks

I’m king at rap games

Well I traveled over there

And I traveled over here

I figured out how to wear

Your pants down low

And your undies up high

But let’s get it on, you know? You know?

‘Cause nobody here wants to take things slow

We got Percabeth

Becomin’ gods

Because nobody’s left

And everybody’s right

These are the best demigods we had in sight!”

He made a double peace sign and Thalia stopped. Applause came from everywhere. In fact, there was so much that the citizens of N.Y.C. joined in. Athena stood, shocked.

“I thought this kid couldn’t rap!” Zeus exclaimed!

“Same here,” Ares agreed.

“Me too!” Percy told them.

Apollo glared. “You know, Percy, if you weren’t a god now…”

Athena cleared her throat. “Well, you’ve heard Apollo’s rap, but you have not heard mine. Annabeth, I know you can beat box. Do something for me.” She closed her eyes and started swaying back and forth, then turned it into a fast motion.

“I know two demigods

Turned god and goddess

They worked so hard

So they wouldn’t work at Ross’s

The blonde girl mine!

Percy’s Poseidon’s

But now we’re outa time!

Gotta continue this process…” Athena burst out singing in a voice identical to Katy Perry’s to the tune of California Gurls.

“I know the powers

Of these demigods now, oh oh!

Percy can control water all the time now, oh oh!

He can travel the world

And turn into a fish

Or a dolphin, oh!

And when fallin in love

He can transfer these powers

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh!”

Athena got the whole country cheering for her.

She smiled, obviously pleased with herself, then continued with speech, "Plus he has all of the normal godly powers. Annabeth is able to mold buildings and architectural blueprints etc. from her mind and then have them become the real thing. She can also transfer her powers and turn into an owl. Annabeth also has almost all of the knowledge that I have. She will be the goddess of learning and building, instead of knowledge, like me, and Percy is the god of…..what was it you said, Poseidon?”

“Percy is the god of loyalty. He also can see who is loyal to whom and who trusts whom. It’s actually a pretty useful skill, as long as you don’t get caught up in what people think about you. Oh, and also Percy is the backup water and ocean god.” Poseidon smiled and looked at the rainbow. “World, these are your new gods!” He exclaimed, and then turned to Percy and Annabeth. “Please picture what you want your throne to look like, gods, and they will appear.” Percy pictured a coral throne that was a sea green color. Annabeth pictured a throne made out of books that could still be confortable. They both appeared, and Percy and Annabeth smiled and held hands.

“Well, we’ve all had a long day, huh?” Athena slashed her hand through the rainbow, then threw a lot of drachmas (too many to count) into the mist where the rainbow was.

That night, Percy and Annabeth were just heading out to the elevator when Annabeth started gasping for air. “The baby’s coming!” she screamed. “Get Hera!”

Hera transported to Annabeth’s side and started helping her deliver it. Finally, I came out.

“What the…?” Percy asked. I came out, and another vision of a certain redheaded prince came again…