Chapter 11

"Ode... What was that about?" Cody asked again after I had been silent for a few seconds too long. I was quickly racking my brain trying to come up with something better to say than "I'm screwing your brother".

I looked up at Cody as he pulled away from me and crossed his arms, obviously getting suspicious. I panicked and said the first thing that popped into my head.

"I hate Shelby." I stated simply, glancing at Cody. He looked confused and slowly uncrossed his and shrugged his arms.

"So...?" He drawled out, obviously wondering what the hell I was talking about.

"So, Devon knows that yet he still was about to sleep with her." I began explaining. "I mean, you know how close Dev and I are, and I just expected him, as one of my best friends, to not start a relationship with a girl I don't like." I grew more confident with my excuse as I watched Cody's body visibly relax. He was believing me, and although this would've been the perfect opportunity to just come out with the truth, I wasn't ready to hurt Cody like that. Plus, that just wasn't the way for him to find out. Technically though, this was a portion of the truth. I really didn't like Shelby and I was pissed that Devon was with her, so really I wasn't lying here.

"Ode," Cody sighed, running his hands through his hair. "You're being ridiculous. First, It's not like they're getting married, I think it was just sex. And second, Dev is old enough to make his own choices and I don't think that you liking or disliking a person is going to keep him away from them." He chuckled a little, probably thinking I was acting childish. Which I'll admit, my excuse did sound a little whiny.

I huffed and crossed my arms. Now I was the unhappy one. "I'm just saying, I think he could respect my opinions a little more." I pouted.

The image of Devon and Shelby was forever imprinted in my mind an it kept popping up. I fought back tears as it appeared again, and turned away from Cody, hoping he wouldn't see how upset I was.

"Aw babe..." Cody laughed a little, coming up and hugging me from behind. I leaned into his chest and closed my eyes, feeling so comforted. Cody's hugs always made me feel better. He gently kissed my neck and I turned my face towards his, giving him a quick peck on the lips. I obviously wasn't in "the mood" anymore to pick up where we had left off before Devon's interruption, but I was feeling up to being comforted by Cody.

I widened my eyes and jutted out my bottom lip, hoping that my face looked like a cute puppy dog that you couldn't say no to. Cody examined my face quickly before rolling his eyes and heaving a sigh.

"You wanna cuddle don't you?" He asked in a fake bored voice. He acted like he hated doing it, but I was fairly positive that he enjoyed it just as much as I did.

I gave an excited yelp in response and bounced up and down. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed, hugging him quickly.

"Yeah, yeah. You get the lights." He laughed, walking towards the bed. I quickly ran over to the light switch and turned them back off before bounding back to the bed. I got under the covers with Cody and enjoyed the feel of him as he spooned me from behind. Something about having his arms around me just made me feel so safe.

"I love you Ode." Cody mumbled into my hair and kissed my head.

"I love you too Code." I replied and snuggle closed to him.

A small part of my mind kept nagging me, thinking that maybe it would've been easier to have just come out with the truth right then, that that had been my way out. But feeling Cody's warmth, I pushed those thoughts away, deciding that the truth could wait. We could just enjoy this moment, just the two of us.