Chapter 16

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

On Sunday morning, I put on a nice yellow Hello Kitty skirt and a green tank top. I’d slept in, so it was twelve o’clock before Simon and I went down for breakfast. I was in a good mood, happy to forget about all my problems and issues for a moment. My homework was done and Eve had told me the sun was coming out. Simon seemed to be planning on going out today, and I hadn’t seen the sun in such a long time that I actually liked the idea of going out there. Though I had no idea if I could handle direct sunlight.

‘Looks like Sunday’s no longer a comfy kind of day,’ Simon mused, gesturing to Eros’ gang, who were all wearing expensive looking dresses and high heels, or tuxedo jackets with polished shoes.

‘Maybe they decided if I didn’t stick to it, they would seem less rebellious if they kept up the charade.’ I shrugged.

Eros caught my eye from across the cafeteria, his mouth twitching into a mocking smile. I turned my head away from him, not acknowledging his presence. Simon steered me the other way and handed me a plate.

‘He’ll come and talk to you eventually,’ he warned me, ‘you can’t avoid him forever.’

‘We’ll see about that,’ I murmured. I’d told Simon about walking in on Eros sucking some girl’s blood. He’d been just as disgusted as I’d been. Which had worried me a bit, since at the end of the day, I was a vampire too; a potential vampire at least. What would happen to our friendship if the bloodlust set in for me?

‘I can’t believe one girl can change the weekend’s dressing code…’ I heard someone murmur.

‘Yeah, well, I am sticking to it,’ her friend replied.

Simon and I made our way through the whispering and gossiping students, sitting down at our usual table.

‘Hey guys.’ Eve dropped down next to me, smiling happily. ‘It’s a really nice day outside.’

‘Hey Eve,’ I greeted her, taking a bite of my carrot, ‘where’s Drew?’

‘Outside with his friends,’ she replied. ‘I’m gonna join him soon, just wanted to see what the excitement was all about.’

‘Excitement?’ I looked around me, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. Sure, people were staring at me and Simon and I could hear whispered gossip all around me. But that was nothing new. I noticed Eros kept shooting glances my way.

‘Ah, so you haven’t passed the administration yet,’ Eve laughed. ‘There’s a bunch of leaflets announcing a dance next month.’

‘Oh, God,’ Simon moaned. ‘Well, I am staying in that night, that’s for sure.’

I glanced at Simon in confusion. ‘What’s so bad about a dance?’

‘It’s more like a popularity contest,’ he explained, ‘Eric and his crew will dress up ostentatiously, making the rest look like hobos. As if that isn’t bad enough, no one will talk about anything but getting a date during the weeks before the dance… Last time there was a dance, at least no one talked to me, so I didn’t have to suffer that much. But now you’re here, people actually take the time to talk to me. Well, to call me names more like. I kind of miss my ignored state.’