Carved Mind pt 4 - Launch

"I think we're stuck" the girl in the dark suit with blue squared said. "It appears the rift has collapsed. It might take a while before the Chrono's Temporal Displacement unit gets enough charge to create its own rift."

"I am aware of that Scarlet. I mean, the part about the Temporal Displacement unit." Genus said. "We're in the correct spacial cartograph, correct?"

"I can't confirm. However, it seems we might be slightly off in time. It appears we're displaced by about 600 to 700 years from the intended target temporal coordinates." Scarlet said as she walk closer to the control panels on the bridge of the ship.

To what I understand, Genus is the captain of this ship. They have saved us and appears to be lost. I would have wanted  to help, but I don't completely understand the context of their conversation.

"But we are, in theory,  in the correct spacial coordinates we intended to?" Genus asked as he scratched his head.

"Yes dad. In theory." Scarlet turned around with a frustrated look on her face. "I am still trying to figure when we are exactly so that I can get a context of what's going on. That database from Grand Library doesn't seem to have matches for the context of what our friends are telling us."

"Uhm, I didn't want to butt in, but I am trying to understand what's going on. I would like to help." I said qualmishly.

"You see... ah, L-Leonard." Genus started.

"Brendan. I am Brendan 6E-6F-31. My friend is Leonard. Leonard 62-75-64." I punctuated.

"Oh right. Right. You see Brendan. We're from Earth. Travelling across time and space. We've been to the future and to the past. We've seen things you probably haven't imagined, yet. Aaaand, we're lost because we can't determine where we popped out of." Genus began his attempt of an explanation. 

I could fairly grasp what he was trying to explain, but I do not see why I should attempt to further understand their situation. What sparked my interest is that he said he has seen the future.

"What do you think is the future for someone like me? A person grown to work as an underclass for an upperclass that can chose their own path in life." I asked out of curiousity.

"I can't say for sure. I'm not sure if you are in a past of a future we've seen or a future for a past we still have to see. It is a complex thing. Our database hasn't shown any matches of your civilization, yet." Genus answered.

"I see. Will you help me?" I began in my attempt to plead for help about my personal concerns. "You see, like I have already previously explained, I was raised as a Carved Mind. I can think on my own, however, I was grown into a specific career path. What could someone like me do?"

"If you've been grown into a specific carrer path, maybe you should pursue it? Afterall, our lives have a pre destined path even before we are born. It's only a matter of breaking free and making your own path or following a path provided to you and make the best out of it." Genus answered as he looked into a distance.

"Genus dear, don't stress him too much. He will probably need his mental strength in pursuing the path he choses to take. And on what's going on in their timeline, I bet he'll make a good Jhuku." The lady in red said as she walked closer to me and pat my back.

The room became silent. I didn't quite understand the context of what she said but it sounded important.

"Let me tell you a story. A story of the Jhuku." The lady in red began.

"The Jhuku was regarded as a hero. The savior pre destined to single purpose and path in life. He was designed to save us all. Even you. He was lost, and then found. He forgot, and remembered. He lost, and he succeeded.