Chapter 1

"Thank you! Thank you all so much for coming out here tonight to hear us! We are Midnight Morning! Thank you! We love you! Goodnight!."

David mentally rolled his eyes. Why did Tash always make such an exit after EVERY concert? Seriously, they know who we are, that's why they came to the concert! He shook his head. Tash could not be explained.

They left the stage, waving to the screaming teens, and occasional adult as they went. Now they just had to survive the cowd on the way to the bus, and they'd be home free.

"Hey dudes! That was fuckin awesome! Didn't I do an amazing job?" Tash, of course.

'God, he is such and ass. We all did amazing tonight.' David thought, while replying "Of course you did. We all did really great. One of our best concerts yet."

"Oh yeah... you guys did really well too."

'As if he could forget his own band. Imagine his relationships. Oh, speak of the devil.'

Right then Ameilia, David sister, who happened to be dating Tash, walked up.

"Hey guys! Amazing job tonight! So far, the numbers for the next concert are very promisisng. Almost a full house, and the tickets have only been onsale for a week!' She was very perky, and was the publicist for Midnight Morning.

"Hey guys." The manager, Billy Strause, sauntered up. "We need to get to the busses. Don't wanna be late, do we?" He smiled, turned, and began walking toward the backstage door. Without thinking, we all followed him through the door and into the bright light.

Teens, mostly girls, lined the fences on either side of the path to the busses. They screamed and cried and squealed, asking for autographs, stating how hot they were or how lucky Ameilia was, creating a neverending roar of voices. It drove David insane.

As soon as they got to the busses, David dropped onto a couch and sighed. He loved performing, but he did not really like the fame.

Billy Strause stepped up enough to see them. "David, Tash. When we get to L.A. we need a few new songs. Not right away, but we're looking to release a new album within the year."

"Kay," David replied, and then proceeded to attempt to take a nap.

When they finally reached L.A., David awoke to his sister sitting on his chest.

"Hey sleepyhead! We're here! And you and Tash need ta get inside an write those songs, so up and at em!" She laughed, jumped up, and left him reeling from her fast talk.

He made his way inside and found Tash in one of the many chill zones backstage of the theater.

"Hey." David.

"Hey." Tash.

'Wow,' David thought, 'we have a VERY interesting vocabulary.'

"So.... how we gonna do this?"

'Is he an idiot?' "We're gonna do it like we always do..." David replied.

"I don't know. I was thinking maybe we could do somthing different. You know, get a different sound. I've already got a guitar part mostly written. Now you have to write words." Tash tossed him a notebook and pencil.

"Well, I don't think Strause will agree. I think we need to stick to rock. And for the record, you can't order me around." 'He is such a dick,' David thought.

"And why not? I am the leader of this band, and the best guitarist you'll ever meet." Tash glared at him.

"Maybe, but that doesn't give you the right to be an asshole to everyone around you. You can ask, then maybe i wouldn't dislike you so much." David was getting angry.

"Oh, and you think I give a flying fuck what you think about me? I could care less what the queer thinks of me! I'm gonna get some air before I punch you." He stood up and stormed out of the room.

David sat there, stunned, but still fuming. 'What the hell?' He thought, 'What right does he have to be angry at me?'

~~~~~~~~~~

New story peeps! I'm on a roll, so I'm gonna keep typing, but comment please!!!