Chapter 30- The Color Purple

It All Started With Hello Ch.30

Artemis

The boys came back from London and Paris a few days ago, but we only heard from them twice each. They have been doing so many promos and interviews and photo shoots that they can hardly call or text us.

But I didn't let it get to me-- I couldn't let it get to me. I have a production to put on no matter my personal issues.

"Artemis, where should we put these?" Jari asked as she and Alexa were carrying two fake planted plants.

"Next to the piano. You'll move them when Mariah tells you to." I answered. They nodded and ran off. I ran around making sure everything was in order. We have one hour before curtain up.

"Mama Liz, go sit down. You're gonna mess your knee up some more. I got this." I scolded.

Mrs. Arias nodded, but kept on moving around getting things ready. I shook my head at her and went to the classroom the boys were changing in. I knocked on the door and opened it with my eyes closed.

"Are you all decent?" I asked.

"Yes, Missy." Horus said. I opened my eyes. Horus, LeRoyal, Shahid Reece, Khari Brisco, and Emmanuel Lain were inside the room, dressed.

"LeRoyal come here so I can fix your tie," I sighed. LeRoyal walked over to me so I could I tie his tie. "Go backstage boys and keep quiet."

The boys nodded and left.

"Thank you, Artemis." LeRoyal smiled. I nodded and left the room to see what needed to be done.

When I walked into the girl's room, everyone was dressed and getting their make up done.

"Okay. When everyone is done, please go backstage and sit down." I told the girls.

"Alright. Now come here so I can do your make up." Alexa ordered me. I sat down and she put mascara, eyeliner, and blush on me quickly.

"Okay. Everyone get out there and be quiet." I told everyone when my make up was done. Alexa quickly did Mrs. Arias make up then we went backstage.

Everyone was dead quiet because of nerves. I started going over my quote for the start of the play.

I was staring up at the ceiling as I went over my line when my phone vibrated.

[Break a leg!!:D Can't wait to hear all about it!! I love and miss you:* 12/20/12 Sorry I couldn't be there:( 1.4.3. -Prince]

[Thank you babe! I love you too!!!!:* It's fine! -Princess]

Just as I put my phone away, Mrs. Arias came backstage.

"Artemis, now!" Mrs. Arias hissed at me. I nodded and walked out in stage.

"I am an expression of the divine...Just like a peach is, just like a fish is...I have a right to be this way...I can't apologize for it, nor can I change, nor do I want to...We will never have to be other than ourselves in order to be successful...We realize that we as ourselves are unlimited and our experiences valid...It is for the rest of the world to recognize this, if they choose. Alice Walker, The Color Purple." I recited then walked off the stage and the play began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We did it! We did it! We finished this stupid thing we've been doing since August! It feels so amazing!

We just finish bowing for everyone and now we were taking pictures with people and hearing "Good job", "You did amazing", and so forth.

Brittany came up to Jari, Isis, Juno, and I as we smiled and talked about the play.