17- Q is for Queen

News got out pretty quickly that Ed and I were back together; it was wildly easy to spot the chemistry which now fizzled whenever we performed together again, and the light kisses onstage certainly helped get the news back out. Mum and Dad were happy for me, of course, and I was absolutely overjoyed to have Ed back.

The stars seemed to align whenever I was with him, and cross in unexpected ways. I could see no haters for our relationship other than the small bitter handful of Sheerios who still called me Taywhore. It was easy to cope with that- only the usual Taywhore haters bitched about us, which neither of us two cared about.

It's early June and Mum is snoozing as we talk quietly on the plane, taking advantage of our three-hour trip by watching the same movie together on our twin screens beside eachother. We both have our headphones in but I can still hear his soft breathing as my head rests on his chest, our eyes focused on the film- Pitch Perfect. Ed keeps chuckling every time Fat Amy says something but since it's one in the morning and I've just performed the concert plus gone to Club Red, I'm only half-awake.

My eyelids droop as Fat Amy sings her audition, and his hand strokes my hair softly as he slips his headphones off. Ed hooks them around his neck and presses his lips to the top of my head as I flutter my eyes shut. I swear he makes me feel like a queen as his soft voice flows into my ears.

"You are beautiful," he whispers into my hair as his fingers lace through mine. "Don't you ever forget it, Taylor."

"I'm not beautiful. The make-up does me up and when it's gone I'm hideous," I murmur, knowing it's sickeningly true.

"You're not wearing make-up now," Ed counters gently as I look through my lashes up at him, my body slumped against his. I take in his bright, practically fluroescent hair in the dim light of the airplane lamp. His twinkling blue eyes that shimmer with a constant layer of happiness. His rosy cheeks, his pale complexion, his perfect teeth. I know it's not exactly a word used to describe men, but he's the beautiful one. He's the flawless one. And having him makes me the lucky one.

"I'm not beautiful now I'm not wearing make-up," I mumble sadly, because I honestly believe it's the truth. Shock flashes in Ed's gorgeous eyes.

"Do you really believe you're not beautiful?" He gasps softly, and I nod, watching the sadness flicker across his face.

"You are the most beautiful, stunning, talented, incredible, perfect girl on this entire universe, Taylor Allison Swift. Don't you ever doubt it."

"I am not. You're lying."

"Would I lie to you?"

"Apparently, yes."

Ed sighs sadly and looks at me with a dead serious expression on his face.

"You are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, with make-up, without make-up. It really doesn't matter. It shames me to know you don't believe me because I obviously don't tell you enough- so don't forget you are flawless, Taylor." Ed presses his lips to mine quickly and pulls away, his eyes locked on mine.

"Really?" I whisper, wondering if he truly belives this. He nods, smiling slightly.

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

"Thanks, Ed." I squeeze his hand tightly as the plane rushes through the sky, dipping and rocking through the puffs of cloud around us. I glance out the window at the stars, splattered across the navy blanket of night, and I wonder if the stars shine out for me.

Ed catches me gazing out the window too and he copies, as we both stare at the stars above us soaring through the clouds. They look so much closer than usual that I find my fingers outstretched, lunging for the sparks that shimmer through the blackness.