Chapter Three | Innocence

Thankyou to the talented author of "A and D" who was kind enough to read my story and dedicate a Chapter to me, because of you I was able to expose my writing to you who are reading it now. Thankyou so much.

* This Chapter was edited on the 10.01.21
Notes: I have removed Hobbson's accent, as I found it inconsistent in the later novels. Eventually I will remove it in all of the Chapters. Thankyou for your understanding!

Enjoy and much love,
Daisy

________________________

Chapter Three | Innocence

UNKNOWN

I scanned the unsuspecting town slowly, carefully noting the absence of guards at the docks, before folding away my telescope with a resounding click.

Hobbs spoke up, his gruff voice confident. "He has stuck to our bargain it seems then Captain?"

"Aye, it seems for now he has," I muttered, scratching at the stubble on my chin thoughtfully. "But you can never trust these people." I said cheerfully clapping Hobbs on the back and making him cough. 

"Very good Captain" he spluttered. "What are ya orders then?" 

I took one last lingering look at the docks before turning to look at the menacing towers of rock looming before us. "In to the cliffs," I said smoothly. "We will conceal her where we did two years ago, but this time, no cannons. If Dodger disobeys my orders one more time, on my damned soul I swear I'll-

Hobbs cleared his throat. "He's the best weapons master that we've yet to find Captain."

I leaned my head back, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. "I don't care if he's the bloody master of the Underworld Hobbs, I want-

He held his hands up quickly interrupting me. "You don't want cannons Captain, I'll get the missive through."

I breathed out. "Good. I'd much rather we show our dear old friends that Pirates are anything but predictable."

A smile crept onto the old man's face and he voiced his agreement.  "Whoa re you taking ashore with you then?"

I swung the heavy wheel around, watching as the crew scrambled around on the deck, letting out the main sails so we picked up speed. They didn't need my orders, this was a process we had completed many a time. 

"Only you and I," I replied, narrowing my eyes as the cliffs loomed closer.

"What about the crew?" I could practically hear Hobbs eyebrows raise at my answer. "With so many left behind, are you not afraid of mutiny?"

Without saying a word I leaned forward ever so slightly, letting the pendant hanging suspended on the chain around my neck fall forward. The golden jewel set in the center caught the rays of dying sun, causing shafts of heavenly light to flicker over the ships surface. Instantly all eyes were upon me and I cocked my head to the side. 

Beauty is only skin deep. Who knows what matter of poison lays concealed beneath the surface. 

"They know what will befall those who dare betray me," I said quietly. I had barely raised my voice but I knew that it had carried to everyone on board. The ship trembled, as though it was shaking with fear.