Chapter forty-three (Final Chapter)

• Dedicated to all of my fans

[ The final chapter's dedication goes to all of my readers because you guys are absolutely amazing and unbelievably supportive.  Your enthusiasm amazes me more and more every day.  Thank you to every single person who has read this book.  I love you and I am forever greatful for every read, follow, vote and comment!  I'm so glad you came on this journey with me.  I hope you enjoy the (completed) sequel, Summer Shade.  I also have many other recent Larry fics including Little Dandelion, Allies, and Once in a Lifetime. Love, Cara. xx ]

(Harry's POV)

After the musical last winter, Louis and I spent an entire week in detention every day after school. It wasn't like before, though. This time Mr. Oliver made sure there was no funny business. If Louis and I said one word, he'd get mad and tell us to stop talking. We kept our mouths shut the entire time. Every now and then we sent each other glances, or even passed notes if we were careful, but it was really just silence. We didn't mind, though. We were finally free.

As for Louis' parents, I expected them to hate both Louis and I. I expected them to ban me from their household, like my father did to Louis. Surprisingly, though, they accepted Louis and I. They didn't even think twice about it. I personally think they secretly knew the whole time.

Spring slowly transformed into Summer. The grass turned green, the sun peaked out from its hiding place, and school ended as a result. Louis' graduation was amazing. I was so proud of him. His speech brought tears to my eyes. He talked about the musical, his struggle with bullying, and all of the memories over the years. Unfortunately, I still have a grueling two years to go through until I graduate.

His grad party just finished up a few hours ago. It was at his house, and his parents put together an amazing party. I've become really close to them lately. They're kind of like the parents I never had. The party was amazing, and we just celebrated Louis' graduation with silly stories and comments about him.

Afterwards, I took him here to my place. I have a surprise planned.

"Where are we going?" Louis giggles as hold his hand. I walk beside him and tell him to shut up, rolling my eyes playfully. He huffs and allows me to escort him through my backyard. I make sure to walk slightly in front of him and pull him along with me. I want it to be a surprise.

As soon as we start walking through the wood's edge, Louis' lips curl up in a smile, "What do you have planned at the water fall, Harry?" he asks me.

"Nothing," I scoff.

"Mhm, sure, whatever." he chuckles. I just ignore him and continue to pull him with me through the woods. The bright sun peaks through the canopy of trees above us and tints our skin green. The humidity is intense, causing me to wipe the perspiration off of my forehead every now and then.

We finally reach the waterfall and I let go of his hand. He smiles, "A picnic?"

"Yup."

"For what?"

"Your graduation, of course." I tell him, as if it was obvious. There's a red blanket sprawled out across the grass, as well as a huge basket that I filled with food- all of which I cooked or bought prior to the grad party.

He laughs and sits down on the blanket. I sit next to him cross-legged and pass him a beer from the cooler. He thanks me and pops off the cap, tossing it on the ground. I do the same and drink a few sips.

"So what's in here?" he asks, prying his hands through the basket.

"All of your favorites." I tell him.

He smiles and pulls out a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough and a small personal pizza. "You know me too well, Styles." he says, opening the tub of cookie dough.