Alex & Me Ch.1

A/N :

Hello! This is my very first try at writing a story...please let me know if its good or bad...

Alex and Me

Chapter 1

We had moved to a new place because of my father's transfer. I didn't mind moving. My new house was beautiful. It had a garden and a backyard where I could play when the sun showed.

I was now in my room just bouncing around on the bed. I love my room. Its walls were a very light purple and it had a window with a ledge so I could sit on it and read books. I got up and went to the window. It was pleasant outside. I decided to go out and enjoy the nice weather. So I grabbed my favourite book from the box which had 'Zoey's books' written on it and went downstairs. Mom and dad were unpacking.

"Mommy can I go and read outside please ?"

She smiled and asked me not to wander off anywhere. I agreed already running towards the door.

I was  out reading the book for quite some time when I saw a boy around my age standing near the fence of the house next to ours. When I caught him looking at me through the fence, his cheeks turned red and he looked down. But after a few seconds he looked back up and waved at me so I waved back. I guess he was my neighbour. Suddenly the door of their house - quite similar to ours - opened and a lady came out, carrying a tray, followed by a man. She called out to the boy.

"Alex! Come on! Let's go greet the new neighbours!"

The boy ran to them and I watched as they came towards our gate. Mom came out the door just then calling out to me.

"Zoey! Come on ins- " she stopped mid-sentence when she saw the family approaching us.

"Hello! I'm Rose Brandon, this is my husband David and our son Alex. We just wanted to welcome our new neighbours! " she said smiling and handing over the tray to mom.

"Oh..hello and thank you! I'm Lily Smith, this is my daughter Zoey, and my husband Robert's inside, unpacking. Come on in," she waved them inside and I followed.

We went into the living room. There were still some boxes there stacked up to one side that were yet to be unpacked. We all sat down on the sofa and I noticed that the boy looked restless. He kept fidgeting.

"I'm sorry, this is all a mess," my mother apologized. Mrs. Brandon waved her off.

 "Its understandable, you just moved in yesterday," she smiled and looked over at me. I smiled back and she asked me, "How old are you, sweetie?"

"Five," I said blushing. I did not like attention being centered on me. My mum said I was pretty shy. And very clumsy too.

"Well, Alex here just turned six last week. Would you like to be friends with him ?" she asked.

"Yes," I nodded, blushing again but I noticed the boy, Alex, was red too. "Why don't you two go outside and play? Would you like that?" she asked Alex, who nodded and got up. I stood up and followed him out the door into the garden.

Once he reached there, he turned back to me and held his hand out saying, "Hi I'm Alex, would you like to be my friend? " he smiled.

I took his hand and smiled,"Hi I'm Zoey and yes I would like to be your friend."

"Best friend?"

"Okay!" I nodded.

And that was that.

From that day on we were best friends.

Please let me know how it was...and yeah please keep reading =)