Just My Luck.. Chapter Nine

Sorry this took so long, I lost track of time. This past week has been full of family drama, we just found out that my Grandad is sick and theres also drama concerning where i am going to school next year, joy.

I shall not keep you waiting any longer that I already have, here is chapter nine. I'll admitt maybe not my greatest but it gets the story going in the direction I want it to.

Enjoy.

_______________________

Waking up I groan, my back is killing me, I guess I was twisted funny at some point in the night.  Comes with the fact that I am known to toss and turn throughout the night, or so I've come to believe over time.  I really don't want to get out of bed quite yet, it's warm and squishy, but a shower seems like a good idea right now.  Turning over to check the time I let out yet another groan, this time at the fact that it's only two in the morning.  Going to bed so early comes with a down side too, sadly.  I may as well do the homework I so carelessly left untouched in exchange for a much needed sleep.  Pulling my bag over to my bed I start on the three chapters of Brave New World that I need to complete knowing Ezra won't let that slide before even thinking of touching any of my other subjects I still need to complete.

Finishing up all my homework at three thirty I stand up and stretch, walking over to my closet to choose my outfit for the day.  Settling on a plain lavender camisole underneath a sheer white blouse accompanied by a dark purple almost black pleated skirt that falls two inches above my knees I head towards the washroom.  Letting the hot water pelt me and relax my back sounds like the perfect plan of attack this morning.

Wiping the steam off the mirror after my shower I take in my reflection.  My skin is thankfully flawless apart from being slightly red from the heat of my shower, meaning I can just wear a bit of makeup on my eyes.  I'm not a fan of wearing concealor, foundation and powder, it's way too much.  Though at the same time I’m not a fan of looking like someone attacked my face with a red felt tip pen, but then again, whoever is?

After getting dressed and doing my makeup I walk into the kitchen to make breakfast.  I decide to make apple cinnamon waffles accompanied by fruit salad, my favourite thing to have for breakfast when I had the time for it at home.  Just because we had a maid and a cook does not mean I’m filthy, nor am I an inadequate cook, or so I‘ve come to think.  I just hope Christopher and Ezra enjoy it as much as I do seeing as I’m making enough to feed an army.

I start pulling out fruit after making the waffles that I currently have stored in a slightly warm oven to keep fresh.  Slicing up some melon a voice interrupts the tranquil silence that was surrounding me causing me to jump, “Morning Kirsten, you’re up awfully early. I wasn’t expecting anyone to be awake yet, I was just about to prepare breakfast myself.”

“Jeez Christopher, you scared the living daylights out of me.  You mean I could have lounged around and had someone else feed me? Oh well, breakfast is almost ready, I hope waffles and fruit salad is alright.” I laugh, composing myself after being startled.

Even after him telling me to call him Chris since we met I can’t. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I’m just not comfortable with it. Funny, because I have no problems adjusting to calling Mr. Williams Ezra outside of school. I guess it may be because Christopher sounds mature and intellectual, whereas Chris sounds childish, which is far from correct. 

“It sounds and smells delightful.  My breakfast duty has been waived for today, thankfully. You’re lovely, you know that?” he laughs, “I’m going to go shower now then so that I can enjoy this meal all the sooner.” With that he smiles at me before turning around to leave the kitchen. Only then was it that I realized he was shirtless.