38 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

**********

"Yellow diamonds in the light and we're standing side by side.... As your shadow crosses mine, what it takes to come alive..."

Myself, Chelsea, Amber and Alicia stepped forward slowly doing graceful movements with our arms. We continued to do so with some of the group stood behind us and a few to the side.

"We found love in a hopeless place.... we found love in a hopeless place.... we found love in a hopeless place.... we found love in a hopeless place...."

As the beat hit, the squad members from the sides ran towards each other, crossing in a multitude of backflips and front handsprings whilst those behind us lifted Janey and Lacey into the air. They were caught and then thrown up again, performing somersaults.

The music stopped and we all grouped together, sitting down to catch our breaths.

"That was amazing girls" I praised them, "Thank you so much for working so hard with me. It means the world to me"

It really did.

Candice had been talking loudly in class today about how amazing her two routines were and to be honest it had scared me a bit. My squad was so important to me and I didn't want to lose my roll as captain.

Rumours were spreading that Candice was going for the whole sexy shock factor - the news didn't shock me in the slightest.

I wanted to show that I was original and a damn good cheerleader and that my groups ability spoke louder than us having to resort to seediness. Sure, we were gonna add some sexy moves, but our skill and precision was our main focus, as well as having fun.

We'd agreed that our two routine songs were going to be Rihanna - We Found Love and Guns n Roses - Welcome To The Jungle. In my opinion they showed that we were modern and fresh, whilst highlighting that we could shake things up with a more unusual song choice.

"We're gonna win this!" Chelsea shouted and the rest of us clapped, voicing our agreement.

After practise I had a quick shower and then ran outside to where Liam was waiting for me. Dance rehearsals had been cancelled because a lot of the group were attending a dance that night at their school.

A smile spread across my face as soon as I saw him leaning against his car. His muscles, his height, those chocolate eyes, even his black fluffy hair that always had that sexy just got out of bed look going on.

Even now I had to pinch myself to believe that he was actually mine and I wasn't just dreaming. Cheesy, I know.

"Hey" I smiled, as he wrapped his arms round me and pulled me closer.

Tiptoeing, I kissed him, enjoying the tingles that shot through my body when I did so.

I pouted as he pulled away, getting in the car after he held the door open for me. Who says that chivalry is dead?

"Can we pop to the store and then to see Dorothy?" I asked as he started the car and pulled out of the school car park, "There's something that I want to get for her"

We drove in silence to the store, not needing to talk - just enjoying each others company.

I loved how I never felt awkward around Liam anymore; whether we were talking or in silence, it just felt natural.

"What are you getting her?" Liam asked as we entered the store.

Grabbing his hand, I pulled him along behind me to the section of the store where they sold a variety of different teas.