Chapter Two

Please Vote and Comment!!! Thanks!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Robyn, I’m very glad to see that you’re awake. How has Jay been caring for you? Has she been nice enough?” The man who kidnapped me moved to the side of the bed. I was so scared for my life that I couldn’t move a muscle.

“Ash, darling, since Robyn did just wake up, she is still a little bit disoriented. Why don’t you go order some dinner and fetch the wine? I’ll get her ready for dinner,” Jay put her hand on Ash’s shoulder and turned him to face her. She put her arms around the back of his neck and leaned in to kiss him. They kissed for about a minute before Ash broke it off.

“We don’t want to go intimidating our new little birdie, I’ll go. You were a fantastic choice, Jay,” Ash left with a wink in Jay’s direction. As soon as he was out of sight I leapt out of bed and into the corner farthest from the door. I was genuinely frightened of that man. It wasn’t the fact that he had kidnapped me, and it wasn’t the fact that he had also kidnapped two other woman and who knows how many others had be stolen by him. He scared me because he was normal, and I liked him. I wasn’t magically in love with him, but he was a likeable person. He was very charismatic and he was kind. That’s one of the reasons that drew me into him at the supermarket.

“Oh dear, you don’t have to be afraid. You’re going to like it here and you’ll fit in perfectly. Ash really does like you,” Jay moved in closer to comfort me. I couldn’t help but fall into her outstretched arms and burst into tears. “Now now dear, don’t cry. No one’s going to hurt you. Let’s take you back over to the bed.”

Jay led me back over to the bed and I sat down. I cried for a while and soon ran out of tears. I wasn’t very scared anymore. I was still frightened, but I was now worried more.

“What time is it?” I asked. I saw Jay’s face contort with confusion. It must have been a weird request. She leaned over to take a look at the clock on the bedside table.

“It’s nearly six thirty,” she answered. Six thirty? I must have been out for a long time, at least a day. What did that Ash put on that towel? It was probably chloroform. I had seen enough crime shows to know that. Apparently I hadn’t seen enough crime shows to avoid being the perfect subject for one.

“I need to help you get ready for dinner. Won’t you come with me to my room for a moment?” Jay helped me get up and we left that dreadful place.

When we exited into the main room, it was even worse. The room had been decorated to look like a normal home. There was a kitchen with a little breakfast nook and a table. Over the sink there was a window with closed shutters. On the counter there were different kinds of flowers. On the other side of the room, there was a common area with a fireplace, a couch, and an entertainment center. It was beautiful, and I hated it.

There were three doors just off the common area. We crossed over to the far left of the doors and entered into Jay’s room.

It was a very nice room that had been modeled after a B&B. The bed was a queen and there was a lace canopy hanging over it. There was a beautiful armoire and matching cosmetic table. There was a full length mirror and a rocking chair in the corner.

Jay led me over to the bed and sat me down. She crossed over to the armoire and threw open the doors. Behind them was an array of brightly colored dress like the one she had on. She spun back around to look at me and asked my size. When I answered, she reached into the back of the armoire and grabbed a magnificent green dress.

“This fit me when I was first brought here. It will do until we get you some dresses of your own,” She came over to the bed and told me to put on the dress. I slowly peeled of the clothing I was wearing; it was the first time I noticed. This wasn’t the clothing I was wearing yesterday, when I was taken. Someone had undressed me and put me in another outfit.

I took the clothing off a little quicker and thrust it against the wall. Underneath I was wearing new underwear, and a new bodice. Who changed me? Was it that creep Ash? I hoped with all my life it wasn’t him.

I slipped the dress over my head and let it fall naturally. Jay came and laced up the back. It was a cocktail dress with a mesh skirt. It looked beautiful on me. It flattered my bright red hair and brought out my bright green eyes. I spun around and knew Leo would love it. I smiled.

“I’m glad to see you smiling, Ash will like it if you’re in a good mood,” Jay said as she marveled at me. Way to kill the mood. I stopped smiling and remembered. I wasn’t doing this for Leo; I was being forced to do it for Ash.

“Now, your make-up,” Jay led me to the cosmetics table and sat me down. I was careful not to sit on the skirt of the dress. Jay applied a light mascara and eye-liner to my eyes. She put a little blush on my cheeks and smiled. “I don’t think you need anything else. You look beautiful Robyn.”

I looked in the mirror; I didn’t look beautiful at all. Of course the make-up worked wonders to make me look like I had never been crying, but I was still ugly. I would never be beautiful again; I never wanted to be beautiful again. Not for anyone but Leo. I cringed when I heard that silky smooth voice call from the main room,

“My little birdies, dinner is ready!”