I Don't Love You

"You can't do this to me anymore, Gerard. Please, come home."

Gerard's eyes stung and he felt weak under the weight of Bert McCracken.

"I love you. Please, baby, I miss you."

He heard Bert moan and he guessed he should have, too, but he couldn't.

"Why the fuck can't you come home, Gee? Why the fuck won't you talk to me?"

Bert clambered off and laid down down on the bed next to him, and Gerard grabbed a cigarette from the pack on the bedside table.

"You've been gone for a fucking week. Are you at least somewhere safe?"

He lit the stick and placed it in between his lips, inhaling the taste and trying not to think.

"Who's that in the background? Is that Bert?"

He felt Bert's hand wiping his inky hair out his face and he looked over, giving him the best smile he could conjure.

"Did he- Oh my God- Are you cheating on me with Bert Mc-motherfucking-Cracken?"

Bert's arms wrapped around Gerard's waist and pulled him closer.

"I thought you loved me, Gee! You said you loved me!"

Bert kissed the side of Gerard's neck and Gerard leaned over to put his cigarette out.

"No! You don't! You don't just go out, get drunk, and then cheat on someone you claim to love! That's not how it fucking works!"

He turned over and buried his face into Bert's chest, trying to sleep while Bert twirled curls in his hair.

"Oh, so it was a drunken mistake to stay at his house and be his whore for an entire week? Huh, asshole?"

Bert's snores filled the room.

"Don't even bother coming home, okay?"

Gerard slipped out of his grasp and replaced himself with a pillow, hoping Bert wouldn't wake up.

"I-I won't fucking be here when you do!"

He threw his clothes on and walked out the front door, Bert's car keys in hand.

"There's nothing to fucking explain!"

He drove down the road, glad that he was sober enough tonight to actually drive.

"Stop trying, damnit! You can't talk your way out of it this time, Gerard!"

He turned onto Frank's road- their road.

"Whatever! Just go back and fuck your new boyfriend!"

He turned into the driveway of Frank's house- their house.

"I don't even care anymore!"

He jumped out the car and sprinted up to the front door, banging on the wood loudly and repeatedly, hoping Frank would hear.

"I'm done!"

Five minutes passed and still no answer.

"I'm done with your drinking!"

He jumped the fence and ran to the back door, banging on it louder and harder, becoming more impatient and worried as the minutes dragged by.

"I'm done with your lying!"

He screamed and apologized and practically begged for Frank to let him in, but still no fucking answer.

"I'm done with you!"

He took a risk and threw a rock at the back window, clearing the glass with his hands before narrowly siding through.

"Honestly? I don't know what I'm going to do, Gerard."

When he walked into the bedroom, Frank wasn't there.

"But whatever I do..."

Gerard ran through the house, calling Frank's name, but he couldn't find him.

"I'll make sure I never have to see you again..."

He was starting to panic, when he looked over and saw the bathroom light on and heard some song by their band quietly seeping through the crack under the door.

"And you'll never have to see me again, either..."

Cautiously, he placed his hand on the doorknob.

"Because that's what you want, right, Gerard?"

He pushed the door open and gasped at what laid before him.

"Whatever..."

He dropped to his knees and laid his head on Frank's no-longer-breathing chest, sobbing into his Misfits t-shirt and not caring about all the blood getting on him from Frank's mutilated wrists.

"Goodbye Gerard..."

And that's when he realized what song was playing.

"I-I don't love you..."