Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Donovan ran to Stephan’s house ready for a battle.  Stephan sat on his front steps waiting as Donovan approached he shifted to human form and Stephan tossed him a pair of clothes and walked in the house leaving the door open for Donovan to follow.  Donovan entered the house Stephan was sitting at the dining room table. 

“How could you mark Deni, Stephan?  I thought we had an understanding.  We fought together a month ago.  You even helped me get back with her.  Why would you turn around and do this?”  Donovan angrily asked while he paced back and forth restraining himself from fighting Stephan.

Stephan watched him pace.  “Has she told you?” He asked.

Donovan stopped and gazed at him. “Told me what!”

Stephan looking at Donovan ready for an attack stood and said “Deni is pregnant again.”

Donovan sat on the couch that was in the front room he ran his hands through his hair. “For who” he mumbled.

“We don’t know.”Stephan answered.  Stephan went to his refrigerator and pulled out two sodas one for Donovan and one for him. 

“Donovan I don’t want her as a mate.  I just need her in my life even if it is just as a friend.  If that baby is mine I need that baby in my life too.  After Max’s funeral our dad showed up.  He explained to me that me and my brothers are panthers like our mother was.  I am the only one that can shift to both forms.  Normally panthers can only mate with panthers and wolves with wolves, but my mom and dad were different possibly because they were true mates. He explained that the only reason he kept us hidden and out of packs was so no other wolf or panther shifters could try to use us to become a bigger or better pack.  Could you imagine a pack of half wolf and half panther shifters.  I have always shifted in front of you as either one or the other.  I shift to a combination and in that form I can probably take out the strongest Alpha.  My teeth end up much sharper and my claws are long and dangerous.  My dad never wanted anyone taking advantage of us if they ever found out.”

“So what does this have to do with you marking Deni.”

“Deni threatened to leave with my baby and never allow me to see it or know whether it is mine or not.  I couldn’t allow that. I couldn't allow my baby to be out there withouth knowing what she really was and without knowing how special she actually is. So I did that so you would know that she is also mine and that I would be there for that baby just as much as you would.”

“Well little brother that is where you are wrong.”  Donovan stood up and walked to the door.  “Deni is not mine or yours.  Denise Kerrington is just simply complicated. I will phone you and let you and only you know where I am at.  Take care of her I can no longer do this."

Donovan walked out the house.  

**********************

8 months later.

Deni laid in the bed at the pack hospital on her father’s property.  She had left Donovan’s pack and returned home shortly after Christmas.  Donovan had never returned after Thanksgiving and Stephan never made any type of contact with Deni during her pregnancy.  Riddick took over as Alpha with hopes that Donovan would come back for his position someday.  Riddick had promised Deni that if Donovan ever returned he would gladly hand the pack back over to him without a fight.  Leila after months of waiting hoping for her son to return she received a letter in the mail one day from Charles St. James the letter had a one way plane ticket with it.  One morning Leila left home and never returned Riddick just naturally assumed she finally went to be with her true mate Charles St. James.

After hours of labor and pain Deni gave birth to two beautiful baby girls, one had black wavy hair and green eyes and the other blonde thick hair and blue eyes.  Deni laughed when she saw her twin girls for the first time two mates and a baby for each she thought as she rubbed the areas each one of them marked. 

******************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading.  I just couldn't think of anything else to do with the characters after Chapter 18.

I might try to redo this one to make it better not sure.

Check out Everything and Anything Before the Arrangement.  It's another cute werewolf story. 

Thanks for sticking with me until the end of this one.