Nine Boys...- Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

    "I can't believe Uncle Derek agreed!" I was completely baffled when Derek came into my room smiling last night after dinner. He kissed my cheeks and told me to have fun with Daemon. I got the whole be careful speech and to tell him the instant Daemon does something I don't feel appropriate.

    Daemon chuckled seductively in my ear while he helped me up into his truck in the dress I was wearing. A dress that was laying across my bed with a note from Derek. He had gone out and bought me a dress just for tonight. This one was definitely one I wouldn't have picked out for myself, but it wasn't like a normal show-your-skin-slutty-style party dress. It covered some of my skin while revealing my sides and my knees.

    "I gave him one really good reason why he could trust me with you to take to the party."

    I raised an eyebrow at him. "And that would be?"

    He shook his head at me before closing the passenger door. "That you will have to find out in time." He smirked as he closed his door after he got into the drivers seat.

    Shaking my head at him, I crossed my arms across my chest. "Riddles...riddles...riddles. That's all you speak in. Patience will bring knowledge. Is that what you're telling me?"

    He nodded as he looked behind us and backed out of the drive. "All good things come to those who wait I believe the saying goes." We got onto the main road and he picked up speed. "So how's art so far?"

    I grinned. "My first painting is coming along."

    He smiled. "What's it of?"

    I shrugged. "A wild wolf I used to know that visited me after it saved me from another."

    He raised an eyebrow at me. "A wild wolf?" He smiled lightly. "You like wolves."

    I bit my lip. "Only that one growing up. He was like my best friend away from my family." I sighed and looked out the window. "I haven't seen him since my parent's death." My head laid against the glass. "I miss him and I'm making the painting to feel close to him and my family again."

    "Tell me about this wolf."

    I smiled as I turned to look at Daemon. "He is the sweetest wild wolf and I just loved laying on the grass in my old backyard with him laying next to me pressed against my side. His head on my stomach listening to me talk about anything and everything.

    "When I pet his fur, it was the softest and silkiest I had ever felt. Those jet black strands sliding through my fingers made me feel better if something was wrong. Those crystal blue eyes made me smile and feel loved and protected almost how my dad always made me feel with his silver blue ones." I lifted my head my smile growing bigger. "I get my eyes from him."

    He smiled back at me. "So I get to thank him up in heaven for your gorgeous eyes."

    I blushed looking out the window. "My brother had the same color eyes as me. My sister Sarah didn't she had my mom's eyes. Sarah was my mom's mini-me. I may have gotten the baking skills, but Sarah would have made a brilliant stay at home mom like my mom."

    I turned to Daemon when he put his hand in mine. "Have you ever thought about what you wanted to do when you grow up?" He changed the subject and I was very grateful.

    I shrugged my shoulders. "Never really thought about it."

    "What if...?" He started before he gave me a quick glance. "What if you start a bakery? You are so good at baking and would be a billionaire if you take that talent and make a business from it."