Chapter~16~

Cookie: Didn't have time to write more so its short. >.<

Anywhooo, if you haven't go check out Camp Sexy!! Amyscence new story. Hehe, read about Max, Colin, Payne and my dear Luca, a character I created for Amyscene to write in his story. Hehe, he's doing a fantastic job!(No, don't ask him to make a character for you....T_T ) Now go read and vote/comment!

Song "Through the trees"

Pic of Giovannie. Sexy...but sad

-----

(Giovannie's POV)

We made it to the front of the school in record speed.

      students and pedestrians were already surrounding the front, crowding around the scene. Heart pounding, I struggled my way through them, cursing and frantic. "Move it! God damn it, move out my way!"

      As I pushed my way through, my friends right behind me, I already knew that I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. My heart felt like the heavest stone and my stomach crumpled at the thought of what could possibly be waiting for me on the other side of this crowd.

      Finally, I stumbled out the sea of bodies and looked around. I spotted the crowd of teachers and a van on the street. It was the only spot not surrounded by many people. Guess they had told everyone else to stay back. I took a step towards them but a body suddenly appeared and blocked me.

      "Moretti." Nick gazed down at me. That's it. He didn't have to say anymore for me to know who had been hit. The painful sympathetic sad look in his eyes told me. "Moretti...you shouldn't..."

      "It's okay, Nick. Move," I said, voice steady and calm. " I can handle it."

      I brushed passed him. Several teachers tried to stop me but I wouldn't listen. I pushed passed them all and they let me. Their half hearted attempts to hold me back told me that they knew exactly who I was. I made it to the street and spotted Hunter's broad back turned to me. He was on his knees, rocking back and forth. He was saying something.

      I took a step forward and stopped when I saw the pale lifeless hand on the cement. I don't know how I did it but I managed to continue on walking until I was in front of them. Hunter looked up, eyes pained with unshed tears. Jenna's head was on his lap and her eyes were closed. I stared at her. She was so still...so lifeless.

      I knelt down, ignoring the blood, pretending that it wasn't there and that I didn't know who it belonged to. I reached out a hand and hesitated. If I touched her bruised flesh...would she already feel cold to the touch?

      "Jenna?" I whispered, touching her pale cheek, "Genevieve?"

      Her eyes didn't open.

      "Hey," I shook her shoulder, "hey you skank, wake up. Get up, Jenna."

      "Son," someone said from behind me. One of the teachers...who was it? I recgonized the voice but I couldn't think of who it was. I couldn't think of much right now actually.

      "Son, the ambulance is coming. They're going to take your sister to the hospital..."

      He kept talking but I no longer heard what he was saying. Sirens wailed in the distance. I looked up and met Hunter's eyes.

      "She won't wake up," I said, voice growing hoarse. I could feel my eyes starting to burn. Jenna...not my Jenna. Why won't she open her eyes?