Chapter 27- Happy Birthday!

I bit my lip nervously as I stood under the oak tree waiting for Colin.

What if he went because I'm late? What if he wasn't coming? What if he does come and notices that I covered up the bruise under my eye with concealer? What if Liam doesn't ever forgive me? What about Ellie? What about-

"Look up!" A voice called from above me. I looked up just in time to see Colin jumping down from the top branch.

"I would say that you scared me-but you didn't" I laughed at him.

"Admit it; you were scared!" He smiled, his brown eyes glinting.

"What are you up to?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and giving him my 'tell-me-or-else' glare.

"Nothing!" He lied.

"Right...Oh and I really wasn't scared." I joked. Then I started running down the path as fast as I could. I hadn't gone far before I felt his strong arms wrap around my stomach stopping my escape.

"But you are now!" He answered mischievously. Then he grabbed me by the shoulders and spun me around so that my back was resting against him.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed, as he tied a blindfold around my eyes and held my hand; pulling me along while I stumbled behind.

Colin didn't answer so I threatened, "If you're kidnapping me then I will personally kill you later on!"

He sighed, "Of course I'm not kidnapping you! This is your birthday surprise."

"Oh ok, but go a bit slower...please?" I begged. I tried to do my best puppy dog expression but it kind of failed on account of the fact that I still had the blindfold on, "I swear I am going to fall in the lake or something!"

I could almost hear him rolling his eyes, "Stop doing that expression it creeps me out!"

"Hey," I complained and stopped walking, "If I didn't have a blindfold on then you would give in"

"Sure I would." He answered sarcastically.

Suddenly I was swept up and he was carrying me bridal style.

"Much better." I smiled, "But I warn you I'm quite heavy."

"Please, you're as light as a feather!" He whispered in my ear.

I leaned against his warm chest for the rest of the journey, enjoying the spring sun's heat.

Suddenly I felt him drop his arms and I gave a small gasp while landing with a bump on the hard ground.

"Ow!" I said, standing up carefully and rubbing my legs.

"Sorry, I thought you would stand up!" He said. His laugh made my heart flip slightly and I mentally scolded myself for being so stupid.

"It's not funny!" I said, pulling off the blind fold and getting ready for payback.

"Yes it is!" He disagreed.

"Colin if you keep laughing I'm going to-" And then I stopped. I had just seen my birthday surprise.

There was a picnic blanket set out on the grass and a food basket in one corner. It was assembled beside a large lake which glistened like tiny diamonds which had caught the light.

"Wow!" I said before I could stop myself, "Colin-"

"Happy Birthday." He whispered in my ear, then he took my hand a lead me to the picnic basket.

*

"I bet that you can't get this in your mouth if I throw it." He challenged.

"Oh ok, challenge accepted! I love this game." I replied and positioned myself so that I had the best chance of catching the chocolate covered strawberry.