Love Me (A Short Story)

I sat up in bed and looked down where Jonathan was sleeping peacefully on the floor, a thin blanket wrapped around his body, a stiff pillow under his head. I grabbed the quilt from the top shelf of the closet and carefully placed it over him, hoping to make it more comfortable. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled crookedly.

"Is it morning yet?" he asked, his voice deep and strained, laced with sleep.

"No," I whispered. He kept looking at me, the smile settling on his face. I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. Before I could stand back up, he grabbed me and pulled me on the ground with him, kissing me quickly and softly. I giggled as his lips traveled down my neck. "Jon," I warned. He sighed and let me go. He spoke as I returned to the bed.

"I'm excited for tomorrow."

"A boring wedding? What's so exciting about that?" I pulled the sheets up to my neck and nestled in, ready for sleep.

"Because that'll be us soon," he said quietly. My heart skipped a beat and my breathing picked up.

"Jon..."

"I know, I know," he said with a sigh. "I don't care how long I have to wait, I want to marry you." I could hear the creak of the floorboards beneath him as he stood to grab something from his suitcase which was tucked away in the corner of the room. He came and stood over me, pulling me to sit up straight. I could see his bright white teeth smiling, reflecting the moonlight that came through the window.

"Maddy," he said, softly. He bowed down to one knee. My heart pounded, daring to escape my chest. "I love you so much. I don't want to be with anyone but you. Will you marry me?" The last part he said seemed to be in slow motion. My heart slowed to barely a patter and I opened my mouth to answer that would change our lives forever.

-------------------------------------

another short story..i can't really do a long story.cause i'm kinda busyyy :)) hope you understand :)