Chapter 4- Just the Way I Like It

> Matthew Williams <

I was stunned to see Ava dress up so well.

Not to mention, Mark's already hitting on her.

"Can I get your phone number?" Mark asked casually.

"A-Ah... what...?" She says, probably a first time for her that a guy asks for her number.

I was about to respond about rejecting the offer when my brother responded back in a... not so nice way.

"You can't be serious, Mark. I can hook you up with better looking girls. Besides, this girl doesn't have any experience at all. How can you possibly ask for her number?" He replied.

Geez, if my brother wants to tell this guy to back off, he shouldn't have crossed the line in embarrassing Ava.

That's when I heard a slap sound making me jolt.

Ava slapped Carter, her eyes brimming with tears.

"If you don't want me to be here then just say so!"

Then she walked off, exiting te restaurant, bawling.

"You're a jerk, Carter!" Mark chuckled.

"By any chance you like this girl that's why you don't want her to get my number but ende up saying the wrong words?" Mark inquired, raising one brow.

Really?

Is that the case then?

"Don't make up stupid stories, Mark." He casually replied.

As I've thought, my cold-blooded brother will always remain cold-blooded.

"Excuse me, Mark and Carter. I'm going to chase after Ava." I smiled faintly, going for the door.

I panted and shouted for her name.

"AVAAAA!!! AVAAAAA!!"

She shouldn't be that far from here...

I'm scared, actually.

What will happen if she decides on killing herself..?

No no, I don't think that's possible..

Allyn would be so mad to even give both my brother and I training if that happened.

That's when I saw a piece of her skirt, glinting in the corner of the dark alley.

I rushed towards there, walking towards the shade and saw her hugging her knees and crying.

"Ava..?"

She lifted up her head, only for me to see her formiddable tears escaping her beautiful eyes.

I felt a pang of hurt in my chest--

No, it kind of felt weird because it's like a tug in my heartstrings.

For some reason...

I don't like seeing her this way.

All hurting and crying..

I kneeled down beside her so that we're looking into each other's eyes.

"I'm apologizing on behalf of my brother--"

"You don't have to." She interrupted me with a smile, wiping her wet cheeks with the back of her hands.

"No, really... He's a jerk at times but he's really... um.."

"It's okay, Matthew. You don't need to cover for your brother. I just don't see why he hates me so much." She sighs, taking off her braid then raking her now-wavy hair with her fingers, which I find really sexy.