Chapter 5 - (AKA- It starts getting interesting)

• Dedicated to my life saver

Hermiones POV 

The next day…

I was sitting at the Gryffindor table doing my homework with Ron and Harry. I was on the right side which enabled me to see the Slytherin table if I look in-between Ron and Harry. 

"Hermione! What are you looking at!" Ron shouted curiously. He turned around to see Draco Malfoy sitting alone at the Slytherin table with his head in a book. "Merlin! I hope you're not looking at Malfoy!"

"Merlin, he looks lonely. Where are all his friends?" Harry interrupted. These boys are my best friends and I wasn't going to keep anything from them. 

"He got the dark mark. He's isolating himself." I said quietly hoping that no one like Seamus would overhear. 

"How do you know, 'Mione?" Harry asked, just as quietly. 

I wanted to tell them how me and Malfoy are meeting up at bizarre hours in the night but I couldn't. 

"I heard it around." I lied. I saw Draco look up at me and I gave him a dull smile and he returned it. 

At the meeting - Still Hermione's pov

I was waiting patiently outside the room of requirements, slowly I started to hear heavy footsteps, more than one pair. If it was daylight this would have been normal but it was around 11:16, making Draco 16 minutes late. The heavy footsteps got closer. One pair had faded into lighter steps. Draco turned the corner walking at high speed, he had a cut on his head above his right eye. The other footsteps were not there anymore. 

"What the fuck, Draco? What is this?" I questioned with genuine concern. 

"Some of your Gryffindor buddies thought it would be funny to push me around." He shouted. "Oh lets push around Malfoy! He might be as bad as the dark lord one day!" Draco mimicked in an Irish accent.

"Draco, don't take it to heart! Who was it?" I questioned. 

"The lanky Irish boy and his friends!" Seamus. He's loud and not scared of anyone, except Voldemort. "Its not just me though, they are fucking messing with every Slytherin, assuming all of us will want to be mass murderers when we are older! They're calling Pansy a slut, taking the piss out of Blaise. Even Theodore, the most innocent Slytherin to ever exist!"

"Seriously Draco, that boy teases everyone, don't take it personally." 

Draco murmured a few swear words under his breath. "Has he taken the piss out of you?"

"Yes, but he has pretty much every Gryffindor. He'll pick out any flaw, no matter what. He only means it in a harmless way."

"What did he say?" Draco whispered. 

"Lots of stuff. Know-It-All. Nerd." I said with confidence. I remembered one thing he called me and that one hurt me the most, even if it isn't technically true. "Mudblood."

Draco didn't looked shocked, probably because he called people by that word 3 times a day. "But you're not a... Mud... Muggleborn." I smiled at his effort not to swear.

"Everyone thought I was at the time though." I said quietly. "We need to write a reply" I said changing the topic. Although, like Draco said, I am not a muggleborn, it still hurts me how someone can be discriminated by their blood in their body. They cannot pick whether they were born a pureblood, half-blood, muggleborn or even squib so people shouldn't take it out on the person because its not like they had a choice.

Thats the moment Draco surprised me. He lightly kissed me on my cheek. He quickly stood up and kicked the table with anger.

"I am so sorry Hermione but I just wanted to let you know that I like you no matter what Potter or Weasley says. No matter what Blaise or Pansy say." He shouted angrily "I hate that I do like you in that way but I am trapped and I don't know what to do anymore" he said and lightly kissed me on the lips that time.

"Draco are you okay?" I asked quietly, I somewhat understood, so angry that someone could take over your life that quickly. Yes, I understood. "I understand" I said quietly as I kissed him back. 

"I will see you at the party tomorrow" He whispered and he walked away.