The Werewolf Best-friend |Two|

I apologize for taking so long with this.

Two:

If someone would have asked me before tonight if I could have ever imagined myself in a situation like the one I'm in now my answer would have been simple. Never in a million years. I'd had my life all planned out and being so in love with my bes-friend that I'd go out on a double date with him, his girlfriend and his brother hadn't fit into my agenda. But obviously, life doesn't always pan out the way you think it will.

I'd never have once thought I'd be where I am now and if it wasn't for the fact that Mareck had bullied me into this damn clown dress and literally carried me to Tristan's car when I'd refused to leave the doorway, I wouldn't be here now. So part of the blame for this disaster in the making is his fault, but the main person at fault here, if you ask me, would be Tristan. After all, this stupid date was his brilliant idea, not mine Therefore any damages done to the restaurant tonight are his to pay for.

"So, Kyla, how long exactly did you live in London?" Emma asks in between bites of the salad she'd ordered.

"Just a couple of months. It was right after my dad passed and Mom decided we need a change in scenery so we stayed with some family over there for a while." Personally, I thought our stay over seas could have been longer, but Mom and Anna had missed the states after 3 months of London and we moved back to the states. To a different house and different pack.

Our first year in Texas had been a probational period, during which time the pack members had to decide whether or not our presence here was acceptable, but fortunately everyone loves my mom's cooking. So as soon as they'd tasted her home made apple pie the decision was final and we were welcomed with open arms. Not that I could tell Tristan, Emma and Tyler that. Talk about TMI for the human minds.

"Really? Did you guys like it? I've always wanted to go over seas, but mom and dad have been content on staying here, so the farthest I've gone is two states away to my grandmother's." I nod along with her words, pretending to be oblivious of Tyler stealing some of my French fries. You'd think if the boy had wanted some he'd order them himself, but no, he just has to take mine. Emma smiles warmly at me in a surprisingly real way. "I really am sorry about your dad, I don't know what I'd do without mine. Mom and I'd probably drive each other insane."

"Thanks," I reply cautiously, not really knowing what to make of her being nice to me. In the two years that I've known her she's only treated me two ways; either ignoring me completely, or so snottily that I couldn't keep what I'd really thought of her to myself. Though, the person who usually got an earful about how much I hated her was Mareck, or Anna if she was around, because I couldn't bring myself to upset Tristan.

"So Kyla, Tristan tells me you've been single for awhile now. Any particular reason why?" Tyler smiles innocently down at me, pinching my cheek. "You know I wouldn't want to catch anything."

My teeth grind together in irritation, "You can't catch what you already have, Tyler. But no, there's really no reason, I just haven't met anyone that I like." Besides your brother. He quirks an eyebrow at me, tilting his head towards Tristan in a questioning manner and I curse the day my sister decided she was going to try and be helpful.

"Could have fooled me, from what I've seen you've had your eye on a guy for some time now." Bastard, dirty, rat bastard. If he tells Tristan I'll kill him, I swear I will and then I'm going to strangle Anna for telling his ass. How she thought Tyler could help me with my little issue, I have no idea.

My eyes narrow on him, lips twitching to let loose the growl forming in my chest. Its been too long since I've gone for a run. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, you must be reading too deeply into certain things." Dear Lord, if he spills the beans I'll lose it, there'll be no stopping what I do to him.