50: Invincible

___________________________________________

-

-

"Surprise!"

"What the hell is going on here?" Jay murmured in shock.

Ian didn't even glance at him; he was staring at me intently. "God I've missed you."

"I can't believe it's you." I said. "You... You were my friend! You helped me when my car broke down!" The memory came a moment ago along with others.

"Did it really break down?" He said as he smirked. "Or did I make you think it broke down."

I opened my mouth but nothing came out.  

That day when I said to Gabe that we should stay friends... Ian suddenly pops out of nowhere. My car wouldn't start. But when they took it in they said nothing was wrong with it... "You made me believe it was dead."

He nodded. "Yes. I needed to meet you and get the hang of how your body worked. You were easy then. Especially when I heightened your emotions at school." He chuckled. "Oh the good old days."

"You bastard." I gritted out.

"And proud." He walked forward until he towered over me. "But what you don't know about me, my dear, is that my real name is Elijah. But please call me Eli. I'm also older than you." His knuckles skimmed across my cheek.

"Impossible." I scoffed and slapped his hand away. "My soul has been alive since-"

"I helped write The Book of Enoch. Actually Enoch was a good friend of mine. You were probably made a few years after the book was created. The language and race was just getting started." He grabbed my long hair in one of his hands and ran his fingers through it. From what I can remember of him, he was a lovely guy. He was a good friend...

"I like you Alex," He played with a piece of my hair and I suddenly found myself unable to move. "Even after watching you, I admire you. You're strong. Beautiful. I could really fall for someone like you." His thumb brushed my bottom lip. I concentrated on the flame behind him and worked on trying to manipulate it. He was cutting off all of my senses. I could barely smell or hear anyone's thoughts. I couldn't create a flame so I had to try and use what was here. I was fighting an unbeatable battle. I was strong but not as strong as him.

It looked like he didn't even notice I was trying. I tried again this time putting everything into it not caring if I was leaving myself defenceless.

"I remember that bar we went to..." I said trying to distract him.

"That was not my mother but she did own the bar. She let me use it for the night. And Reece, whose actual name is Grigori, is not my uncle. He's my Watcher."

"Ew." I mumbled.

"Not like that." He snapped. But then he laughed it off and continued playing with my hair. "I have huge plans for you. And I have things I'm going to need you to do."

"No." I said straight away.

"Oh, yes," His hand moved from my head to brush down my cheek and neck. I shuddered under his touch in disgust. "You're going to be of great use to me, Lonny. Your final stage and decision is in less than six days."

My breathing and heart spiked up. Am I having a panic attack? It wouldn't surprise me if I was. Six days? And I came here? Leaving myself vulnerable...? 

Fuck.

"Calm down. We'll make you feel comfortable."

"What about Jayden. Let him go."