Chapter~14~

Dedicated to the ever so awesome (Amyscence & I agree) PassonInFlames. She's a dedicated reader of this story, another boyxboy writers who's story "A little bit of light" is currently #65 on the whats hot list. Wooot! Keep it up my fellow boyxboy writers!

------

(Giovannie's POV)

"Hunter wait!"

      I jumped in front of the door, spreading my arms wide to block it. "Stop right there, mister."

      "Giovannie," Hunter said slowly, jaw clenched, "move."

      I shook my head. "Not on your granny's panties."

      "What's going on?" Jenna asked through the other side of the door. "What's happening?"

      "Jenna," I replied, "call Nick, quick!"

      "What? Why?"

       "Just do it! Tell him to get as far away from his house as posssible." The calm murderous look in Hunter's eyes had me shivering. "Actually, make that as far away from this country as possible."

      "Gio, you ass," Jenna banged on the door, "I don't have my cellphone on me."

      Oh crap.

      "Listen to me, Hunter," I said, glaring at him, "you do anything to Nick and I'll personally write you on my shit list."

      He slammed his hand above my head on the door, making me jump. His hazel eyes blazed down at me. Hunter was holding his anger by the thread. A very very thin thread. "Why are you protecting him?"

      "Isn't it obvious? I don't want him hurt."

      "Why?"

      "What do you mean, 'why?'" I straightened and tried to push him back but he didn't budge an inch. God, I seriously needed to work out more. It didn't even looked like my punches affected him.

      "Are you in love with him too?"

      I gapped. What the hell does he mean? Is he suggesting that not only am I not in love with him (which is still debatable) but in love with Nick as well? That was just crazy, ridiculous, inconceivable, right? Right?

      "Hunter," I began, knowing that my answer would determine Nick's fate. "Nick is a friend and he's...important to me. You said that you'd never do anything to hurt me right? Well hurting him is hurting me."

      "You're so full of shit, Giovannie," he growled.

      "I'm full of a lot of thing," I said, lifting my chin, "but I protect my friends."

      "And what about me?"

      I blinked. "what do you mean?"

      "Am I part of your circle of friends? If not, then who's going to protect me?"

     "From what?"

      He looked down at me, eyes searching my face as if he was trying to memorize it in his mind. "From these feelings I have for you."

      I stared at him, not knowing how to answer. I mean, what could I possibly say to that?

      "You say that what I've done is unforgivable," he whispered, reaching out to thumb my cheek, "but it's you who is cruel."