Chapter Four. (Updated)

It was a chilly Saturday night, Ivory and Julie were at over at my house and the three of us were all snuggled under the blankets while sipping on some warm hot chocolate.

My mum was taking a nap while my dad was working till late, he was a lawyer and had a big case coming up tomorrow. My little brother, Archie had been hiding away in his room much like he did every other time Julie was over. The little guy had a huge crush on her and couldn't even properly lace a sentence together every time she was around.

I don't know what he was doing in his room whenever she was over nor did I ever want to find out.

A romance movie was playing in the playground while Julie sobbed and wiped her tears. "He's such an asshole," She blew her runny nose. "I don't understand why I kept putting up with his shit." She was complaining about her now ex-boyfriend, Anthony. He'd broken up with her last night because he wasn't ready for any big commitment, what a load of bullshit. The few times I hung out with him I'd noticed the flirty, bad vibe he radiated and from the get-go I wasn't a huge fan of him.

I rubbed Julie's back soothingly. "Don't let that asshole come back in to your life Julie, he doesn't deserve you crying over him again."

She quickly shook her head. "No, I won't take him back this time. I'm done."

That's what they all say.

As much as I loved Julie, she needed to know when to let people go. It was quite saddening, Julie always had the best advice to give. If you came to her for any problem, she would have you sorted in less than five minutes. I just wish she could listen to her own wise words.

Love does crazy things to people.

Ivory handed Julie another tissue as she looked at her, while pouting. "Why are you crying? This is a happy moment. You've finally rid yourself of that poisonous snake!"

"I know, I know but I still--"

"But what, Julie?" I interjected. "You still love him? Why? You tried, you give it your all. He didn't. He left. You can't keep crying over a guy who doesn't care about you, it'll tear you apart."

"Exactly." Ivory agreed. "If he really loved you, he would fight to keep that gorgeous smile of yours in his miserable little life for as long as he could."

Julie was quite as her tears began to dry up. She sighed in defeat and nodded her head. "Yeah, you girl's are right. Fuck him, his dick game was weak too. I don't even know why I stayed with him."

We all laughed, glad that she was finally seeing sense.

Ivory then clapped her hands and got to her feet in her excitement. "We need a girl's night out!" The joy on her face was contagious. "There's this new club that opened up last week, let's check it out."

I quickly jumped up alongside her. "Yes, we haven't had a girls night out in so long. Let's celebrate your new found freedom!"

Julie gave us both an uncertain look and I could tell she needed a bit more persuasion.

"Come on," Ivory held her hand out for Julie to take. "If we stay inside watching these romance movies, all you're going to do is think about that loser. Let's get your mind off him, girl!"

Julie pouted "I don't have any clothes to wear."

I put my hand in front of Julie to take. "Since when have you girl's not borrowed my clothes. Now, let's get loose and have some fun."