Interview with Jimgon21 on You've Been Tagged.

Q: So, I was just curious, how'd you come up with your nickname?

A: Hahaha Jimgon21 is a mix between two of my favorite fictional characters, Jimmy Coates and Eragon. And 21 is just one of my favorite numbers :)

Q: So, your story, You’ve Been Tagged, revolves around a murderer who contacted his victim through Facebook. Do you have a Facebook? Do you use it a lot?

A: Yes, I do have a Facebook :). I check it every day, but I'm not obsessed haha.

Q: What gave you the idea for this story?

A: Honestly, the idea came while doing the dishes. It just popped in my mind, and I thought it was cool.

Q: Chase grows throughout the story. Was Chase based off of anyone? Does he resemble you at all?

A: Chase was loosely based on myself, but not really on anybody else. He just kinda grew naturally :)

Q: The story involved a lot of clever thinking and twists and turns. Did you have to do a lot of research to learn about how the police system works? Was it tedious? Was it fun?

A: To be perfectly honest, I didn't really do much research on the police system. I have a few policemen that I know personally, and added a few details I learned from them.

Q: How long did it take to plan out your story? It seems very detailed and intricate.

A: You're gonna hate me when I say this, but I had no outline for this book. Each chapter wasn't too planned, it literally wrote itself haha.

Q: What was the revision and editing process like? How long did it take?

A: Revision and editing took longer than I had hoped. I had two editors, and the story being as long as it is took some time.

Q: How did you go about getting your book published? Is it your first? How do you feel about being a published author?

A: I self-published on lulu.com. It is my second published book, but the first is not available online. However, the book "Double Take" is available to read on here :) Being published is awesome! Hahaha It's a great feeling :)

Q: Do you have anything to say to other aspiring authors out there who want to get published?

A: DON'T GIVE UP!!! Hahaha check out lulu and self-publish if you want!

Q: What was the most difficult part of writing the story?

A: Umm...changing who "Unknown" was halfway through the story and not being able to change it :) Everybody guessed Detective Daniels, and that was who it was originally :)

Q: How do your fans play into your story? Are they what keep you going?

The fans were VERY important. After the first few chapters, they had guessed whom "Unknown" was, so I had to change him haha.

Q: Do you have anything else you’d like to say?

A: Check out my new book, "the Dreamer"! Haha. Thanks to Icycoldhot for doing this interview! Great questions!