7: Envy

It was a Friday afternoon of the second week at my new school. As usual I was sitting with Elle and Colin for lunch like we did every weekday. Today, however was ‘free dress’ and Elle had decided on wearing a summery floral dress. I had to admit, I was quite jealous of her. She and Colin were close friends and she was insanely pretty. The floral dress fitted her body perfectly, showing off her long thin legs and creating an hour glass body shape. Colin, as much as didn’t want to admit it, was constantly admiring her. Colin and Elle had some sort of connection. They could easily play-fight with each other all the time but I was never sure if they did in a sibling sort of way or flirting.

“Today Miss Everly had to take us for gym. It was the most hilarious thing ever!” said Colin, his face screwed up in a ball as he remembered the class.

I couldn’t help but smile as I thought back to the morning events. “She was making everyone climb those rope things and nearly everyone was failing at it,” I told Elle.

“Except for Olive over here. Turns out she’s quite the monkey,” commented Colin, watching me as he said it.

“Well I do secretly have a tail hidden under these shorts,” I joked. “But seriously, all the students in the class were complaining about how difficult it was and everything and Miss Everly just kept telling us that what we were doing was easy and that we were just overreacting. So one of the kids piped up and told Miss Everly that if she really wanted the class to stop complaining she should show everyone how easy it really was by doing it herself. So Miss Everly, being the real show off she is got onto the ropes and started climbing. Can I just say that she is meant for an English classroom and not a gym room.”

“She started to heave herself up the rope and literally after two climbs slipped and fell onto the mat underneath her.” Colin started laughing. Through the last week I had realised that he made a small hiccupping noise when he laughed and I absolutely adored it.

“No, I don’t think you know what hilarious is. Today Mr Hilivola the maths teacher tried to do the moonwalk and stacked it over a chair,” Elle said grinning widely.

“Wait, why was he doing the moonwalk?” questioned Colin.

“He wanted to impress me obviously.” Elle winked flirtatiously at Colin. I wanted to join in on the flirty jokes but I wasn’t sure if I had known them for long enough.

Colin rolled his eyes and smiled. “Yep because you’re just that bootiful.”

I looked at Elle and started laughing. “That would be seriously creepy. He is like 50 years older than you. By the time you turned twenty he would most likely be dead in his condition!”

“Yes well I can’t help it that I am naturally beautiful. I attract everyone with my charm. Like Mr Hilivola, Colin here and especially you Olive. I think we would make the best couple.” She wrapped her arms around me dramatically, trapping me inside. “You can’t say no to this. We were made for each other. We need to be together!”

I had just been invited into these flirtatious jokes. “Oh how could I say no to you Elle. We were a match made in heaven.”

Colin looked at us with his eyes wide for a second or two before open his arms wide and tackling both Elle and I onto the ground. Elle let go of me and I used my free hands to push Cole off me and onto his side. By the time the three of us had stopped squirming I was laying on top of Cole with my face to his face, and Elle was sprawled on the floor next to us with her arms and legs out in a starfish shape.

I quickly rolled off of Colin and lay down next to him looking at the sky. “Sorry,” I mumbled.

Instead of a reply I was expecting, Colin wrapped his hand around my fingers and gave a quick glance in my direction. I opened up my hand so he could completely envelope my palm with his. I wondered for a quick second if Colin was holding Elle’s hand too, before slightly shaking my head as if to shake the thought away.

A bell rang in the distance.

“Oh crap!” exclaimed Elle. “I have a meeting now. I’ll see you guys around.” She quickly got up and grabbed her school bag, swiftly walking off.

“The sky is so pretty today. It’s that perfect blue that looks as deep as the sea but as fluffy as marshmallows or something.” I closed my eyes feeling the sun warm my face and body.

“Yeah it is really beautiful.” He paused. “Like you.”

I opened my eyes quickly. I could feel the heat rushing to my face and I turned my face slightly away from him. “Uh, what?”

“You know on the first day we met? I think I told you that you were pretty. But I think you took it as a joke. I wasn’t really sure what I meant when I had said it but I know I was being serious.” He turned to look at me closer. “You are really gorgeous.”

“Gorgeous? No, Elle is gorgeous. I’m normal.”

“Elle? Yeah she’s definitely pretty but I don’t think of her in that way. To me she’s just Elle, and I might think of her as a sister or a best friend but she’s still just Elle. You are really something different. Amazing.  And well… you’re really cute.”

Hii!! Sorry for the late update. BUT I DID UPDATE! :D yes once again school work and other things became priority but the Easter holidays start today so I will probably be able to update in another 2 weeks. Hopefully. No promises. HAHA how was everyone’s Easter long weekend? If you could please leave a comment and vote please! Thank you so much for reading. Xoxo