22 - Sugar and Spice

I continued to stay at my house for the next few days. Every time I felt ready to leave, I would think about the kiss and make myself stay. 

I was in the dining room eating my breakfast when Eros came in and dropped a pile of folders next to my plate. I looked up at him questioningly as I took a bite of scrambled eggs. 

"What's that?" I asked with my mouth full but Eros seemed to understand. 

"Since you will be taking over for me, it's time that you plan the Valentine's Day Ball."  

I dropped my fork onto my plate causing a loud clash of metal on ceramic. "No way! I can't do that all by myself!" 

"You won't," Eros assured. "I've organized some help for you." 

"Who?"  

"Me!"  

I turned at the sound of the voice only to see a golden blonde hair man stepping into the room. I sighed in relief. 

I stood up and hugged the man. "Uncle Phobos!" 

The man frowned instantly. "I'm your Uncle Deimos." 

"I'm Phobos." An identical golden blonde blue eyed man joined us in the room. 

I shook my head. "Sorry, I always get you two mixed up." 

They both shrugged and at the same time said, "We're used to it." 

"Right." They always freaked me out by how in sync they were with each other. 

"Well, I hope that you two can direct Peyton in the right direction. They have helped me out with all the previous Valentine's Day celebrations. In the folders should be everything you need," Eros cut in. 

"Brother," Both Phobos and Deimos greeted at the same time. 

"Phobos, Deimos," Eros greeted nodding to each of them. 

"Let's go!" I announced suddenly excited. I grabbed the folders and left my half eaten breakfast sitting on the table. Phobos and Deimos walked with me into the living room. 

I loved both my great-uncles. They were so awesome and very entertaining with being twins and all. They were also children of Aphrodite and Ares and a few times, they had accompanied Ares into war. Needless to say, they sometimes had some cool war stories. 

"I haven't seen you guys in forever," I said bouncing onto the couch. "How have you been?" 

"Good," Phobos answered. I only knew that it was him because he was wearing a red shirt while Deimos was wearing blue. 

"No great," Deimos corrected sitting to my left as Phobos sat on my right. 

"Why so great?" I wondered suddenly in a happier mood. 

"Did you hear that the Mars satellites are named after us?" Deimos asked. 

I gave a little laugh. "Yeah in 1877." 

"He's still on high about that," Phobos explained. 

I nodded then opened up the first folder. It was a full color wheel. I studied it confused. 

"You have to pick the three main colors for the ball," Deimos explained. 

"Yes, even though you already know what they must be," Phobos added. 

I sighed as I selected red, pink, and white. The colors of Valentine's Day also known as the most horrible colors in the world. 

"What exactly do you guys do with this?"